The Dares Thread

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Ha, thank you, I can't believe that I have to go back to thinking. I've been doing it for weeks and I just come up with useless cheesy crap.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Ok, let me open a help me with my plot thread ;)

And cheese is good. Which reminds me, does anyone know why one calls it cheesy? Isn't cheesy when something is unbearably sweet, and cheese is salty, so the what?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Forbidden Snowflake said:
And cheese is good. Which reminds me, does anyone know why one calls it cheesy? Isn't cheesy when something is unbearably sweet, and cheese is salty, so the what?

I thought 'cheesy' meant that something was over-the-top or extremely silly/cliche? :Shrug:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Yeah, but isn't it mostly used for romance stuffs, with sunsets and beach and sugar loving?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
I dare you to have a plot. :p

I dare you not to have a plot.

But there's got to be cheese in there somewhere...

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Yeshanu said:
I dare you not to have a plot.

But there's got to be cheese in there somewhere...
Good thing I don't take dares, eh? ;)

I have to start plotting, and soon. I can't go into this without a plot outline. *twitch* I'll have problems, otherwise. Must have outline. *twitch*

MarkButler

Part Time Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markbsplace.net
Sure you can!

The lords of the cheese empire have decided for that the people must be protected from themselves even if that means removing their rights to have cheese and replacing them with cheese EULA's. The population gradually loses its right to eat cheese - mouthful by mouthful. First the right to smell the cheese is removed, causing panic as licensed smellers must be trained and their cost passed on to the consumers. Then the right to view the cheese prior to purchase is removed, forcing the use of opaque packaging and hotlines for complaints staffed with lawyers reminding the consumers that by the act of purchasing the cheese they were agreeing to the EULA. Next, the right of the cheese to be consumed by more than one person was removed, beginning with a limitation that only (1) person was legally allowed to have a small taste and finally that right was removed when people became used to it. In the end, the right to decide if the cheese was to be consumed was removed, by purchasing the cheese, the consumer agreed in entirety to consume the cheese, no matter what condition it was in. The police and anti-terrorism forces were mobilized to check garbage cans as they were picked up for tell-tale signs of uneaten cheese. This also required the garbage disposal manufacturers to design their products with a cheese-sensor so they would refust to operate if cheese was sensed going down the drain, and a notice was sent to the local authorities where the miscreant was placed on a no-fly list and their restrictions severely curtailed.

oh wait, perhaps that story is already being written

Scruffy Scribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scruffyscribe.com
Found this one on the nano forum and can't wait to try and figure out how to make it work for the bonus:

15 chickens appear somewhere in your novel.
+bonus points if these 15 chickens appear every chapter

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Fifteen chickens, eh? Well, now I know what they'll be serving at the banquet. :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since mine is sort of a paranormal mystery, I'll have one of the ghosts die by crashing into a poultry truck. Oh, the carnage!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Scruffy Scribe said:
Found this one on the nano forum and can't wait to try and figure out how to make it work for the bonus:

15 chickens appear somewhere in your novel.
+bonus points if these 15 chickens appear every chapter
If I can figure out an excuse to have chickens in downtown San Diego...