• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Winterwolf Publishing

heidi

My publisher folded Jan 2006, and signed an Instrument of Release that month. He paid no royalities in 2005 or 2006. I know for a fact that copies of my book, Heidi Redux, sold. I was ranked in the several hundred thousand on amazon for awhile and got great reviews. Who receives the revenue?
And, is there any possible way on this earth to find out how many copies of a published book were sold?? Former publisher won't return phone calls or emails.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you say your publisher "folded" I'm assuming you mean your publisher filed for bankruptcy. (Perhaps I'm misinterpreting here.)
But if they have filed, then they are supposed to turn over all of their financial information to the bankruptcy court, which should include any profits made from your book.

One thing that concerns me is that you referred to your publisher as "he." Is this an ultra-small publishing house run by just one person? If you have received no royalties over 2 years time and you have good reason to believe your book has sold decently during this time frame, then I would start looking for your publisher's name in the Bewares & Background Checks forum here at AW. Another good place is Preditors & Editors.

To make it easier, look at your screen right now where it says,
Welcome, heidi.
Look a little left and below that and you'll see the word "Search"
Type in your publisher's name there and see what comes up.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thanks, Louis! I've moved this thread to Bewares & Background Checks, where you're likely to get better answers to your questions. The Newbies board is really just for introductions.

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Heidi,

I googled and did a bit of research on your book. Unfortunately, Amazon rankings aren't anything to hold to nor are the reviews. However, your book sounds absolutely fascinating -- have you attempted to obtain an agent? What you need is marketing. From what I could tell, there has been very little of that done as the only site that pops up when you google "Heidi Redux" is Amazon. I would think that if the tale you tell is anywhere near the quality of the blurb -- you've got an extraordinarily marketable book. I'm very surprised you haven't been contacted by an agent or bigger publishing house.

J.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
heidi,

I did a little search and it seems your book was published by Winterwolf Publishing. Here's a snipet I found from another author with your same problem.

dejuvue: (Oct 8, 2006 - 5:18 PM CDT)
Winterwolf went defunct Jan. 2006. Never, to the best of my knowledge, let authors know how many of their books had sold, did not send royalties as agreed upon in the contract, refused to answer emails or phone calls.

It seems, sadly, you are not alone.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
In doing some more research, I find that Winterwolf Publishing has Kevin P. Grover listed as president/managing editor and Paula Mangino as senior editor.

Mr. Grover has two books published (Strike Fast and Strike Swift) both published, it seems, by Winterwolf.

Ms Mangino has an editing service called Great Lakes Editing and I found this when I searched the name...

Great Lakes Editing is temporarily closed due to personal health issues. We expect to reopen by mid-October at the latest with our new Winter Special.

The website for Winterwolf Publishing doesn't seem to be operating anymore.