How is this booze for drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_B

Registered
Reaction score
Melina said:
(except for that girl in Total Recall. . . that paper machet boob was totally awesome!)

Wasn't her name...Melina?

(I, by the way, do NOT have any papier mache boobs)

Melina was the hot brunette that fought with Sharon Stone. I don't remember the three boobed girls name....too many martinis.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
WerenCole said:
Be careful with Manhattans. . . they can give you far-right political tendencies. (My political sparring partner, a former English professor at University of Virginia, drinks a lot of manhattans. . .)

I know a number of former English professors from UVa. Which one is yours?

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Out looking for some stuff yesterday afternoon to put in drinks, I got the genuine treatment by a bored young lady behind the cash register, leading me – by the hand - to her favorite white rum.

Malibu Caribbean Rum with natural Coconut Flavor. Looks like you’re in for some fun; be right over as soon as I can. Where ya live?

I stifled a gulp, turned red, stuttering something unintelligible, paid in cash as I exited the place with thoughts of an old man trying to stuff a wet noodle down a straw. Thoughts of loosing my money, things left out around the house, and contacting some kind of fungus, or something, while overcome by some pretty young thing, I was gone!

Did I do good?

--------------------------------

The Malibu Caribbean Rum wasn’t all that bad, in spite of I don’t really like Coconut. It had a mild – sweet – taste of Coconut and I added a little Coca Cola to it. Had only one drink – sipped slowly until it wormed, and did a little work on my writing.

I fell asleep around 1:30 AM, or later and woke up around 6 AM; the best, undisturbed sleep without nightmares I’ve had for a long time. I think I was dreaming about some pretty young things. (Thoughts of feathers, panties, and sweet kisses) Yeah, sure, like you need some dang fetish and kisses from some dang pretty thing.

At least my party dreams wont disturb the neighbors and bring the cops down on me.

--------------------------------

Thank ya guys, I’ve had a hard time finding some of the stuff, Titusville Florida is at the end of the world.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Dear Jerry,

Titusville is one of my all time favorite places to visit. My friend Wally Lemons (former CO over at the Cape) and his wife live there AND there's that fabulous rock shrimp place. I sure miss my business trips to the Cape - I spent every evening in Titusville!

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Kate Thornton said:
Dear Jerry,

Titusville is one of my all time favorite places to visit. My friend Wally Lemons (former CO over at the Cape) and his wife live there AND there's that fabulous rock shrimp place. I sure miss my business trips to the Cape - I spent every evening in Titusville!

Dear Kate,
Dixie Crossroads once the best fish and shrimp place, known around the world. Yes, I like to stop in and use the “Take Out Window” to order shrimp, or fish. Loved it, but the hour or more line waiting for a reserved table is too long for me to wait. I see people from all parts of the world stopping there in the travels just to pickup some of their world-renowned food.

They once had an old, but chubby lady that looked like she would take your head off and she would talk to you like an angry grandmother. But once she got to know you, she became that favorite grandmother who treated you kindly. She had a heart attack, recovered, and only drops in once in a while to chat with her friends at the window, and those who worked with her. She is still living.

There once was another fish and chips restaurant south of Titusville on US-1 by the name of Corky Bells I like too, but it burned down during one of last year’s hurricanes.

I worked at the Cape for almost 45 years and started there in the beginning. Titusville was once a sleepy old fishing town with occasional road traffic around town of those shopping for groceries and things.

I built a nice house, or had one built for me up in the northwest section of Titusville where it once was wilderness. You should see it now. Too many people live here now. Moved into an apartment when I had my heart attack and sold the home; I’m unable to keep up with the chores of keeping the home fit and trimmed.

I grew up in Ft. Pierce on my dad’s grove and ranch and he had an 80-acre grove across the Indian River on Merritt Island that is now the Kennedy Space Center.

Years and years ago, at the turn of the century, people who lived in either Titusville, or out on the Cape and Merritt Island were enemies, but those on the cape had to shop in Titusville. It’s been said that the hatred was so intense; there were shootings and killings between the two. Some of the old timers who are still living won't have anything to do, or say anything to each other.

This area has quit a lot of very interesting history behind it. There is the old story about Dummit Castle, and 1800 home built by a German guy who moved here then. He brought with him Florida’s first Oranges. He and his wife never got along, so he built the home as if one side equaled the other, (Mirror image – side-by-side) and walled the two sides off where one couldn’t bother the other. It was built of Cyprus wood and Copper.

Back in the 40’s and 50’s when my dad and I cared for the grove, we’d hall the old ford tractor behind an old flat bed Ford up US-1 from Ft. Pierce. We’d spend a day, or so and after the work was done, we’d pay a visit with the present owners of that time and spend a day fishing on the Banna River, later we’d spend supper time being fed our supper and talk a little afterwards.

I ate at the Dummit Castle. It’s now gone, forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.