• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Hello:

I sent an e-mail query to Ms. Rinaldi today & it bounced with a "permanent error". I used the address listed on Publisher's Marketplace, the same one I used to query her a year and a half ago (to which I got a polite "no thanks" w/in 24 hours, so it worked then).

Just curious . . . I hope nothing bad has happened since the San Diego Con, like she's not accepting unsolicited queries anymore.

Thanks!
C

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the same person, but there's a domain name reserved

Rinaldi Literary

but it doesn't look like anything more than a holder. It says "Future home of Rinaldi Literary." There's also a 2002 date of the hosting service (which apparently has changed names since that time).

I'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for, but it doesn't look good. I googled her name and came up with articles and a couple of places with her address (Beverly Hills, correct?), but that's about it.

Hopefully, someone else will have the info for you.

~Nancy

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Pellegrina Leoni said:
According to her listing on AgentQuery, she isn't accepting unsolicited queries.

Angela Rinaldi
Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of looking on AQ. I guess this explains why the e-mail bounced. I wonder if she's getting her new clients from conferences now. :Shrug:

JerseyGirl -- Thanks for your response. I found that site too & it made me wonder if I should cross her off my list. It's too bad, I heard good things about her at the WW Con.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Help! What Does She Want?

Under "Submission Requirements" for The Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency, it states -

• Please allow 4-6 weeks for a response.
  • Please do not query by phone or send any faxes.
  • Short email inquiries are preferred. Attachments will not be opened.
  • Please tell me if I have your work exclusively or if you are submitting to other agents at the same time.
  • Include a self-addressed return envelope with postage for a reply. Do not send metered orcertified mail or anything that requires a ignature. UPS and Fedex will not deliver to a post office box.
  • If you are sending a novel, please send a brief synopsis and the first three chapters. Please do not send anything that weighs more than one pound unless requested.
  • If sending non-fiction, a proposal which includes an outline and a sample chapter would be preferred, but a detailed query letter which includes a brief synopsis and outline is acceptable.
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/AngelaRinaldi/

I don't get it. Does she want a "short email query," or does she want an email that has a proposal with an outline and a sample chapter contained in the body of the email?

Or should the body of the email contain a detailed query letter with a brief synopsis and outline?

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
If you're sending an e-mail query, I'd just query and include a very brief paragraph, giving a skeleton view of the story. The way I read her guidelines, I think the word "short" eliminates the three chapters. The best way to query Rinaldi seems to be via USPS. Hope this helps.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried or had experience with hew recently?

GJB

Oh, what a ride
Registered
Reaction score
Hello gettingby,

Ms. Rinaldi still shows up at writers conferences, still asks to be pitched, still asks for partials on pitches she likes. I see her regularly as the San Diego State WC and did last January. She's had enough big sales to probably not take submissions from totally unkown writers and as of last Jan. does all the reading/screening herself. So, would not surprise if she tosses the unrequested subs. Still sells to big houses but not a lot. Hope this is useful.

Bonnie Shimko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bonnieshimko.com
Angela was my agent several years ago for my first novel. Then I started writing young adult fiction, which she doesn't handle, so we parted amicably. She's an excellent agent. She knows all the right editors at the big houses. She's also a great editor herself, since she was an acquisitions editor at several publishing houses. She'll work tirelessly to help an author get her work ready for submission. She's kind and funny and honest and savvy and smart. Everything one would want in an agent.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
For those wondering about response times,

E-queried: Oct 23rd
E-rejection: Oct 26th

ryu_thewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I tried to send her a query letter via webook's Agent Inbox two weeks ago but still hasn't gotten any reply. Should I wait for a reply (if there's any) or should I start querying other agents?

Droneon

Too clever by a third
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to send her a query letter via webook's Agent Inbox two weeks ago but still hasn't gotten any reply. Should I wait for a reply (if there's any) or should I start querying other agents?

She rejected my AgentInbox query in less than 24 hours, if that's any help!

Writergal77

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone !

Anyone know how long it takes for Ms. Rinaldi or Ms. Humphries to get back to you on a full submission?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
E-Queried Ms. Rinaldi Oct 14, partial request from Ms. Humphry (her associate who handles YA, MG etc.) today.

She even sent a note that said she liked my voice in the first few pages! Yay!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
E-Queried Ms. Rinaldi Oct 14, partial request from Ms. Humphry (her associate who handles YA, MG etc.) today.

She even sent a note that said she liked my voice in the first few pages! Yay!

Sounds promising, good luck

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I was looking them up on QT yesterday, of the four recorded requests they've signed one. That's about the best position I've been in statistically.