AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency

Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency

Hello:

I sent an e-mail query to Ms. Rinaldi today & it bounced with a "permanent error". I used the address listed on Publisher's Marketplace, the same one I used to query her a year and a half ago (to which I got a polite "no thanks" w/in 24 hours, so it worked then).

Just curious . . . I hope nothing bad has happened since the San Diego Con, like she's not accepting unsolicited queries anymore.

Thanks!
    C

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    I'm not sure if this is the same person, but there's a domain name reserved

Rinaldi Literary

but it doesn't look like anything more than a holder. It says "Future home of Rinaldi Literary." There's also a 2002 date of the hosting service (which apparently has changed names since that time).

I'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for, but it doesn't look good. I googled her name and came up with articles and a couple of places with her address (Beverly Hills, correct?), but that's about it.

Hopefully, someone else will have the info for you.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

According to her listing on AgentQuery, she isn't accepting unsolicited queries.

Angela Rinaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Pellegrina Leoni
    According to her listing on AgentQuery, she isn't accepting unsolicited queries.

Angela Rinaldi
    Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of looking on AQ. I guess this explains why the e-mail bounced. I wonder if she's getting her new clients from conferences now.

JerseyGirl -- Thanks for your response. I found that site too & it made me wonder if I should cross her off my list. It's too bad, I heard good things about her at the WW Con.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Website still a place holder. Here's her PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...AngelaRinaldi/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Help! What Does She Want?

Under "Submission Requirements" for The Angela Rinaldi Literary Agency, it states -

• Please allow 4-6 weeks for a response.
    • Please do not query by phone or send any faxes.
    • Short email inquiries are preferred. Attachments will not be opened.
    • Please tell me if I have your work exclusively or if you are submitting to other agents at the same time.
    • Include a self-addressed return envelope with postage for a reply. Do not send metered orcertified mail or anything that requires a ignature. UPS and Fedex will not deliver to a post office box.
    • If you are sending a novel, please send a brief synopsis and the first three chapters. Please do not send anything that weighs more than one pound unless requested.
    • If sending non-fiction, a proposal which includes an outline and a sample chapter would be preferred, but a detailed query letter which includes a brief synopsis and outline is acceptable.

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...AngelaRinaldi/

I don't get it. Does she want a "short email query," or does she want an email that has a proposal with an outline and a sample chapter contained in the body of the email?

Or should the body of the email contain a detailed query letter with a brief synopsis and outline?

Somewhere in the hills.... Appalachian Writer's Avatar
    If you're sending an e-mail query, I'd just query and include a very brief paragraph, giving a skeleton view of the story. The way I read her guidelines, I think the word "short" eliminates the three chapters. The best way to query Rinaldi seems to be via USPS. Hope this helps.
    Remember; GONE WITH THE WIND was rejected 132 times!

http://wkeverhart.blogspot.com
    http://raphaelsvillage.com/
    working revisions:
    book 1...now at 97,702 complete! finished.
    book 2...now at 40,551

lisapreston.com
    A short e mail query for fic. For non-fic, send a hard copy proposal, outline an dsample chapter.

practical experience, FTW
    Has anyone queried or had experience with hew recently?

Hello gettingby,

Ms. Rinaldi still shows up at writers conferences, still asks to be pitched, still asks for partials on pitches she likes. I see her regularly as the San Diego State WC and did last January. She's had enough big sales to probably not take submissions from totally unkown writers and as of last Jan. does all the reading/screening herself. So, would not surprise if she tosses the unrequested subs. Still sells to big houses but not a lot. Hope this is useful.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Angela was my agent several years ago for my first novel. Then I started writing young adult fiction, which she doesn't handle, so we parted amicably. She's an excellent agent. She knows all the right editors at the big houses. She's also a great editor herself, since she was an acquisitions editor at several publishing houses. She'll work tirelessly to help an author get her work ready for submission. She's kind and funny and honest and savvy and smart. Everything one would want in an agent.

Soldier, Storyteller Linda Adams's Avatar
    She was just at a writer's conference I attended earlier this month, taking pitches. She gives her Web site as the Publisher's Marketplace site.
    Soldier, Storyteller | AW Library: Short Fiction

"The Sea Listens" in Enchanted Spark

Rinaldi Information Online Updated

I noticed most of the posts for this agent were antique. She's updated her info in several places -

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...AngelaRinaldi/

and see on Agent Tracker

http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=514

Scott
    'writing is easy - just sit down at the laptop and wait for the blood to spring out of your forehead'
    ohjammer, northern New Mexico

For those wondering about response times,

E-queried: Oct 23rd
    E-rejection: Oct 26th

I tried to send her a query letter via webook's Agent Inbox two weeks ago but still hasn't gotten any reply. Should I wait for a reply (if there's any) or should I start querying other agents?

practical experience, FTW augusto's Avatar
    By all means, query others. Always have 5-10 out there at a time.

Too clever by a third
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu_thewriter View Post
    I tried to send her a query letter via webook's Agent Inbox two weeks ago but still hasn't gotten any reply. Should I wait for a reply (if there's any) or should I start querying other agents?
    She rejected my AgentInbox query in less than 24 hours, if that's any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Droneon View Post
    She rejected my AgentInbox query in less than 24 hours, if that's any help!
    Makes me wonder if she read my query at all or if it got lost in the spam. Thank you so much!

I'm updating my original post. As far as I know, Angela does represent YA now.

Hi, everyone !

Anyone know how long it takes for Ms. Rinaldi or Ms. Humphries to get back to you on a full submission?

Professor of applied misanthropy Drachen Jager's Avatar
    E-Queried Ms. Rinaldi Oct 14, partial request from Ms. Humphry (her associate who handles YA, MG etc.) today.

She even sent a note that said she liked my voice in the first few pages! Yay!

E-queried this agency today. We'll see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen Jager View Post
    E-Queried Ms. Rinaldi Oct 14, partial request from Ms. Humphry (her associate who handles YA, MG etc.) today.

She even sent a note that said she liked my voice in the first few pages! Yay!
    Sounds promising, good luck
    My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Professor of applied misanthropy Drachen Jager's Avatar
    Thanks! I was looking them up on QT yesterday, of the four recorded requests they've signed one. That's about the best position I've been in statistically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast