Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Ann Elmo Agency

Tundra

Ann Elmo Agency

Does anyone have any experience with the Ann Elmo Agency? I know it's listed with AAR, so it's legit, but I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience with them. Lettie Lee, one of the agents there, has expressed an interest in seeing one of my manuscripts. Thought I'd do the footwork ahead of time.

Thanks,
    Tundra

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Ms. Lee certainly had solid sales for the '90s, yet the most recent (going by the acknowledgments in Google Books) are for reprints; the Dummies series (which don't require an agent); and a mystery novel with iUniverse of all places. Also, AgentQuery has them listed as not accepting new clients. Weird. Hopefully, your query made the cut-off. Best of luck!
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II2014: 2015:

Tundra

Thanks

Thanks. I suppose I'll send off the proposal for the MS and see what happens. I kinda look at it as a "what the heck" scenario. Can't hurt, might help.

Toodles,
    Tundra

I can't find any sales for this agency after 2006, however Andre Abecassis (west coast rep, also AAR) is active on the conference circuit.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Are they still around? Couldn't find a website or email address for them.

Don't think there ever was a site. There's still some listings, though, with email info. Ex.: http://www.writersservices.com/agent/us09/Ann_Elmo.htm
    ICAO
    ---------