Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I came in early to my philosophy meeting and sat to talk to the guy that runs it. We talked for only about 15 minutes or so, but in that short amount of time, this man of 35-40 yrs began to seem more and more attractive (edit- I feel the need to adjust what I said. I am NOT attracted physically to these people, because that would make me even creepier than I already am. It's usually the intellect that gets me.) After only that little amount of time, I decided to self-diagnose myself with a minor disorder that I like to call Potential Grave Robber.

It's beginning to turn into a pattern, my attraction for anyone twice as freaking old as I am. I noticed that I won't even give most people my age the time of day anymore (unless they do something to really impress me and grab my interest, but usually in order for that to happen they have to be a nerdy genius).

It'll be perfectly acceptable for me to hook up with someone much older than I am in a few years- say 25 or so. But as a 16 yr old, I'm beginning to creep myself out. My mother asked me today why I don't date and all I could do was laugh as the image of me skipping down a yellow brick road with someone almost as old as her passed through my corrupted little head.

I wonder if I was secretly abused as a baby or something....

Edit-
PS- Yes, yes I know I'm a freak, and it's probable that I'll lose what little reputation I have. ::sigh:: C'est la vie.

Last edited:

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Grave Robber. Lol.

Listen, girlie, some advice from one teen to another: SNAP OUT OF IT! You can get into big, big trouble with guys who are way older than you.

Now go eat some chocolate and find yourself a nice sixteen-year old boy, you hear me? *gives motherly pat on head*

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
maddythemad said:
Listen, girlie, some advice from one teen to another: SNAP OUT OF IT! You can get into big, big trouble with guys who are way older than you.

I know- that's why I don't date. One of the reasons that I'm worried about this situation is because I realize the potential danger :(.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
As a 37-year-old man, it makes me VERY, VERY concerned to hear about this disorder, and I'd like to help out by attending ANY meetings of these poor, poor girls.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
I came in early to my philosophy meeting and sat to talk to the guy that runs it. We talked for only about 15 minutes or so, but in that short amount of time, this man of 35-40 yrs began to seem more and more attractive. After only that little amount of time, I decided to self-diagnose myself with a minor disorder that I like to call Potential Grave Robber.

It's beginning to turn into a pattern, my attraction for anyone twice as freaking old as I am. I noticed that I won't even give most people my age the time of day anymore (unless they do something to really impress me and grab my interest, but usually in order for that to happen they have to be a nerdy genius).

It'll be perfectly acceptable for me to hook up with someone much older than I am in a few years- say 25 or so. But as a 16 yr old, I'm beginning to creep myself out. My mother asked me today why I don't date and all I could do was laugh as the image of me skipping down a yellow brick road with someone almost as old as her passed through my corrupted little head.

I wonder if I was secretly abused as a baby or something....

Edit-
PS- Yes, yes I know I'm a freak, and it's probable that I'll lose what little reputation I have. ::sigh:: C'est la vie.

Sounds like you're looking for a father figure.

If you married me, this wouldn't be an issue.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
I've told you I'd only marry you if you bought Chinese food. I'm not seeing it yet. :)

I buy Chinese food all the time.

You just need to come over here so I can share.

You don't like West Virginia anyway, remember?

Reaction score
Tsuki,
You weren't recently in an earthquake were you?

By any chance are your tears milky?

I think I know what's wrong with you.
Dr. William H Thrilly PHD
Specializing in difficult to diagnose illnesses

Last edited:

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Notes from a Grandpa:

I assume you did post that original post in somewhat of a serious vein. So I am going to deviate from the usual with a couple of words of sane advice. Take it or leave it.

1. Being attracted to someone else's "mind" "intellect" no matter how old or young they are is nothing to worry about. As long as it stays on the "intellect" part. It does not make you a freak. I have many many friends much younger than I am and older who are damn serious intellects. However, we all know exactly where the lines are drawn. It is indeed possible for adults of any age to remain friends with one another, respecting one another without getting into all that "sexual" mumbo jumbo.

2. Any and I DO MEAN ANY male at the age of 35-40 who is coming on to a 16 year old girl, has ONE thing in his head (or in both of his heads). Oh yes, he may think you are brilliant etc. etc. etc. but if he is coming on to you then it aint for your brains darling.

3. You specifically, are obviously mature for your age. But as much as this may hurt...you have NOT reached adulthood. (and please don't ask me when that happens, I have 6 kids and each one is different.) But if at any time any of my daughters was looking at a 40 year old man while they were half their age, you had better believe I would have stepped in and said something immediately and done a lot more than just talk as well.

4. There ARE marriages and relationships that do make it where the two people are widly differentiating in age. I know of 2 where the age span is 20-25 years. BUT those are adults, not teenagers. Those two couples knew EXACTLY what they were getting into and why the got into it. At 16 messing around with someone double your age is just a mark of immaturity and a lack of understanding of what a relationship at your age should be. I myself have had such an experience but not such a gap in ages. But then again I was 48 when it began which makes for a lot different perspective.

5. At 16 among a desire for knowledge and furthering your brain, it is CRITICAL for healthy psychological growth that you live these years as a teenager. Oh I know sometimes it is not all it is cracked up to be and this is life and not television. There is a lot of pain, angst, doubt and hormones running around in that body of yours. And I do not put that down nor belittle it. But it would be good to remember that a man twice your age is not looking for a serious relationship with a 16 year old. He is not looking at your brains or intellect. His vision is a bit lower on your body. And if he "really" is seeking such a relationship then I would respectfully say he needs to have his head examined. No ands, ifs and buts about it.

BE 16 FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

Sooner than you can blink you will be gray and much older worrying about your kids and life. BE A KID. BE A TEENAGER. And as much as it may bother you or grate on your nerves there are amoung your age group, and a bit above, others who are like you. Others whom you will find to have a serious conversation with and challenge your head.

Live life...dont force it. Keep conversations to conversations when it should be done. Do not mix up intellectual attraction with physical desires. That is a road to disaster. You are too smart for that.

Those are words from an old grandfather. Take them or leave them.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Tsuki - don't fret too much about this. Attraction is OK. It's nature's way of perpetuating the species. The problem comes when you spend a lot of time fantasizing about an inappropriate relationship, hanging around the person, making excuses to spend time with him and so on. It's so easy after that to take the next step. So don't. Just don't. Don't feed the lust.

Above all, don't write a story about it, working out all the details. We all know how life imitates art. :)

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just so shocked you consider the 35-40 year old range as grave robbing. Ouch. That hurts.:e2thud:

But seriously, I had a thing for older men when I was your age. It evens itself out when you get older. I now like men my own age. See? And I'm okay. *ahem*

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Grave-robbing? :roll:

I love that phrase.

Seriously though, stay away from the older guys for now. It's okay to be all lusty and stuff, but don't encourage anything physical. Instead, aim for those sixteen-year old boys. They can be a whole lot more fun when you're just 16.

(although, if I knew then what I know now about teenage boys, I'd have been horrified)

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Instead, aim for those sixteen-year old boys. They can be a whole lot more fun when you're just 16.

Well, yeah, but they're even hornier than the old guys. Hang out with them, but don't go anywhere with them alone!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
But see, that's okay when you're a sixteen-year-old girl.

(unless you're my non-existent daughter)

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. I have two teenage daughters. And it's only okay if you don't get pregnant or contract an incurable disease.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Your mom wants to know why you aren't dating?

My daughter will be 18 in December, and is very immature for her age. I do not encourage her to date. She has encounters with boys that are similar to how I was in junior high - "I'm going with so and so." The guy will call but there is never a physical date. The next thing you know she's "going with," someone else.

I was in a commited, sexual relationship when I was in High School - and personally do not recommend it. High School is a time when you should be focuses on YOU and nobody else but YOU. Focusing on a boy/man takes away from YOU. SCHOOL and YOU and EDUCATION should be your focus.

Another nagging word of advice : You will not be attracted to the same kind of man ten years from now that you are attracted to now.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
My parents sighed in relief when my sister and I made it out of our teens with no diseases and no babies. I wish the same good luck for you :)

And TsukiRyoko--keep your legs together, young lady ;)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
eldragon said:
Another nagging word of advice : You will not be attracted to the same kind of man ten years from now that you are attracted to now.

Truer words were never spoken. Thank God(or whoever)

Status
Not open for further replies.