• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paper Doll Publishing

Plix

Registered
Reaction score
This company helped out an author who wrote the book "The Supermodel Diet" and as far as I can see it's a POD company.

They have a so called "Professional Author Publishing Services"
which I assume leads up to the fact that they get paid maybe 1000$ and then produce X number of books and send it off to Amazon etc., and they I'll just hope for the best?

Anybody heard of them, had experience with them or would like to share some feedback?

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
From their site ... sounds just like all the other PODs, with $14 paperback novels and they let you do the marketing:

With our customized production and marketing automation tools, we are able to offer state-of-the-art book publishing in state-of-the-art time. ("marketing automation" means they have an automatic feed into the on-line bookstores listings ... "state-of-the-art time" means they are POD)

Professional Author Publishing Services – We offer ideal services for all authors who wish to sell their book to the world's largest online book retailers. In addition to our private party services, we also provide:

v ISBN Assignment
v Copyright your book through the US Library of Congress - all author credits as you specify
v Set-up, manage and market your book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble & Borders, Wal-Mart, Baker & Taylor web sites
v Negotiation of wholesale packages with inquiring book retailers (it's unclear who gets the retailers interested to inquire, butI bet it's the authors)
v Paper Doll maintains a reasonable stock on premises for online orders

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
"Not Your Traditional Publisher"

Their slogan sez it all, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable using a company whose title means something thin and fragile. It doesn't exactly bode well.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website/Amazon storefront is now devoid of content.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Name/domain renewed last year. First book is by new owner.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A second book by owner in '12, but nothing further.