A compiled list of SF/Fantasy agents...

Straka

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danstraka.blogspot.com
I just registered on PM and wow, is that ever a helpful insight into the publishing world. My previous experience has been from the buyers and marketing side, going to ABA conventions with my dad as a kid. And snagging all the free loot I could.

Last edited:

Oberon89

The Druid you're looking for
Registered
Reaction score
Evan Goldfried is actively looking for new clients. If you Google Evan Goldfried Writing Raw, you'll see a recent interview that tells how to contact him and what he's looking for in fantasy and sci-fi. He made a big deal in late September for a new UF series at auction. :)

Last edited:

dakota

Walk on the wild side...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epertase.com
On Jenny Bent's blog, she writes that Susan is only accepting queries in YA and middle grade. She says including fantasy was a mistake and that she will be changing the website to reflect that. Just wanted to give a heads up.

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
I've started compiling my own list

in the hopes of saving other aspiring fantasy authors some time. You can find it at my blog:

http://friendsinfantasy.blogspot.com/

Everyone listed on there is 100% legit and accepts equeries. I'll be adding more as I slog through my own process.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
I am

but I was hoping to save folks some time. I've spent countless hours combing through forum postings/agent query/etc, cross-checking references and whatnot. I had a friend who got burned by a shady agent so I am extra careful. I just figured I'd put it out there in case it could help somebody.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I note that you list Lush Literary on the blog.
According to the thread in B+BC they have not yet made any sales. Are you sure they deserve a place on your list?

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
I just saw today they still haven't made any sales. You're right, I'll remove them, and thanks. :)

jenniferfields10

Registered
Reaction score
I just found the most awesome website for just your situation. http://querytracker.net/ At querytracker.net, you can customize your search and keep track of queries sent, as well as any responses you receive. Good luck. It's an exciting time for you.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Should the first two chapters be attached or in the body of the email?