I Need a Cookie...

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Hugs, EBennet. Work it out, you may hit an "aha!" moment and start furious key-bashing. I did that on my WIP after listening to a video about "The Hero's Journey" at chapter meeting on Friday. Man, that really got me rethinking where this saggy middle needs a girdle!

Point is: you never know what will re-fire your sullen brat of a Muse.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I need some cookies. I'm working on revising a particularly tricky chapter. Every time I think I've got it, I look at it again and see something else that needs fixed. I feel like I'm starting to lose it completely. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OK. Better now. Thanks for listening.

Hang in there. You'll get through it. I know how frustrating it can be... :Hug2:

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I need more than a cookie...

These last few weeks have been brutal. Spring Break started with my son totaling his car. Thank God, no one was hurt. But we're drowning in student loans and sure as sh*t can't afford another car payment. Three days later, my mother had a stroke. She's making progress, but she has very little use of her right hand and leg and also has some aphasia. She was the main caregiver for my father who is eighty and has trouble getting around. My sister and I are running ourselves ragged trying to care for both of them.

And, I received a rejection today from an editor I thought I had a really good shot to work with. I'm becoming convinced that no matter how many awards I win and the fact I have one of the best agents in the business, the New York dream simply isn't going to happen for me.

:flag:

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Hugs and prayers, Sandy. I know something of what you're going through. That's why they call ours the "squeeze generation" -- the kids on one side and the caring-for-parents on the other.

As far as the NY houses, I can feel for you there, too. I've been so close, so many times, and it's always "not quite, but feel free to send us anything else you have." I haven't sent them anything for ages -- too busy working on projects for the publishers that seem to want my work. NY may never happen for me and I'm getting to okay with that.

Hugs and mocha brownies to you & your family.

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Shameless, forget the cookies, I'll bake you a whole cake!! Hugs and prayers for you!!!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Hugs and prayers, Sandy. I know something of what you're going through. That's why they call ours the "squeeze generation" -- the kids on one side and the caring-for-parents on the other.

As far as the NY houses, I can feel for you there, too. I've been so close, so many times, and it's always "not quite, but feel free to send us anything else you have." I haven't sent them anything for ages -- too busy working on projects for the publishers that seem to want my work. NY may never happen for me and I'm getting to okay with that.

Hugs and mocha brownies to you & your family.

Thanks, Deb!! :Hug2:

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score
I need more than a cookie...

These last few weeks have been brutal. Spring Break started with my son totaling his car. Thank God, no one was hurt. But we're drowning in student loans and sure as sh*t can't afford another car payment. Three days later, my mother had a stroke. She's making progress, but she has very little use of her right hand and leg and also has some aphasia. She was the main caregiver for my father who is eighty and has trouble getting around. My sister and I are running ourselves ragged trying to care for both of them.

And, I received a rejection today from an editor I thought I had a really good shot to work with. I'm becoming convinced that no matter how many awards I win and the fact I have one of the best agents in the business, the New York dream simply isn't going to happen for me.

:flag:

I’m sorry Sandy that you’re going through all that. :Hug2:
You and your sister are great women for personally taking care of your parents. About the NY dream, don’t give it up, your agent can keep trying while you attend to what is more important in your life now. I hope your mother gets full recovery.[FONT=&quot]This cyber-Godiva chocolate basket is for your sister too.
[/FONT]

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I’m sorry Sandy that you’re going through all that. :Hug2:
You and your sister are great women for personally taking care of your parents. About the NY dream, don’t give it up, your agent can keep trying while you attend to what is more important in your life now. I hope your mother gets full recovery.[FONT=&quot]This cyber-Godiva chocolate basket is for your sister too.
[/FONT]

Thanks so much!! :Hug2:

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Know what?? I f'ing quit. Just got rear-ended in my brand new car on the way home from school. I feel like I'm at the bottom of a football pile up.

:cry:

So sorry. Just sit down and relax, have a glass or bottle of wine. Just think of it this way: the muse is stockpiling experiences from which you can draw from later on. Hope things get better!!

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Know what?? I f'ing quit. Just got rear-ended in my brand new car on the way home from school. I feel like I'm at the bottom of a football pile up.

:cry:

Life never throws one problem at a time at us. So sorry you're having a rough time, here's a Big Box of cookies. The week is almost over :)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Last year was horrid for me. I had a bad car accident that cost 8000 bucks. I ended up with no car for like four months. A close friend killed himself and then my ex did the same thing. They both shot themselves. I just keep moving on....
The fact is, we can do little to prevent most things from happening, it's life and it sucks at times.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Thanks so much for all the kind posts and messages. They are truly appreciated.

Mom had a day pass home yesterday. Both she and Dad cried when I wheeled her inside. Her poor dog missed her so bad, he almost wouldn't let anyone get near her. She's making progress, slowly but surely.

Trying not to burst into tears when I see my new CRV. Will start dealing with insurance nonsense tomorrow. Please tell your teenagers NOT to play with their cellphones while they drive!!! Actually, that's good advice to everyone!!

Thanks again, everyone! :Hug2:

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't need a cookie.

I just want one. Cookies all round? :tongue Seeing as it's a Monday?

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
(((Sandy))) :Hug2:

I figure the 1st quarter of the year is almost over and all the sh*t will go with it. I know I suck at math, but even with my shaky calculations we have three more quarters to shine. Screw the cookies. Bring on the champagne!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
(((Sandy))) :Hug2:

I figure the 1st quarter of the year is almost over and all the sh*t will go with it. I know I suck at math, but even with my shaky calculations we have three more quarters to shine. Screw the cookies. Bring on the champagne!

Thanks, Lainey!! :Hug2: