I Need a Cookie...

VanessaNorth

Purple hair, not prose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanessanorth.com
Got a very prompt, and very nice, pass on a MS from Random House because they have a book series very similar to what I submitted coming out already.-sniff- However, the managing editor invited me to submit to her with anything else I have so that's pretty awesome. Gotta find that silver lining, peeps. ;)

LOTS OF COOKIES for you.

Sorry Ann. That is a hard (if gentle) rejection to get. But At least there is a really shiny silver lining. <3

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Could use a cookie or two or three...
Not writing related. The only problem there is that I have no time! I know I haven't been on the boards, but I'm just far too busy to do anything!
We sold our house and are buying a smaller one to help deal with my lupus. Stairs are becoming agony on my joints, and I don't have the energy to keep up a larger house. Now that the kids are on their own, it was time. Things just happened so quickly. Eleven days from list to sale. (Yay! :snoopy: ) But now we're in that time crunch of getting both houses closed and moving and of course all this is happening right around graduation at my school and... Gah!! :e2hammer:

So...I promise to be around more when all this nonsense is done. Waiting on submissions of two new series as well, so constantly monitoring email for a thumbs up or down.

Ain't stress grand?? :flag:

Ms.London

Lover of words, coffee and the HEA
Registered
Reaction score
Could use a cookie or two or three...
Not writing related. The only problem there is that I have no time! I know I haven't been on the boards, but I'm just far too busy to do anything!
We sold our house and are buying a smaller one to help deal with my lupus. Stairs are becoming agony on my joints, and I don't have the energy to keep up a larger house. Now that the kids are on their own, it was time. Things just happened so quickly. Eleven days from list to sale. (Yay! :snoopy: ) But now we're in that time crunch of getting both houses closed and moving and of course all this is happening right around graduation at my school and... Gah!! :e2hammer:

So...I promise to be around more when all this nonsense is done. Waiting on submissions of two new series as well, so constantly monitoring email for a thumbs up or down.

Ain't stress grand?? :flag:

Moving house is such a time suck, but it sounds like you'll be better off. Every so often I think I'd love a big house instead of our little city apartment, but then I think about all the extra rooms I'd have to clean...ugh!

Hope the stress eases soon :)

Evelyn Aster

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a blushing guy smiley but didn't see one. I've been lurking on this forum a long time and never clicked on this subject because I thought it was "cookie" as in the computer type. Really, I'm not that technically minded, but I guess listening to my husband talk (he is) gives me a different slant on things.

Anyway, what a great thread. Now that I'm out of hiding, I will come back here.

Chocolate cookies for all :)

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
I can't even give my book away. :( Kind of hard not to feel like a total loser when you can't even get anyone to take a free book. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today (sad trombone noise).

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Chocolate cookies only, please

I'm feeling a bit blue because my self-pubbed "musician" series is not selling as nicely as I'd like. Those folks on The Passive Voice who are reporting thousands of sales per month? I'd sure like to know how they did it. I'm not possessed of lots of promo money and I don't qualify for Book Bub. I can barely get reviews (the first book, LOVE ONLY KNOWS, has a grand total of four, and FALLING SLOWLY has none at all), so I'm not eligible for BookBub or anything like that.

I know it's a long-term game, but I'm just not mentally wired to think long-term in exclusion of today. So I'll take that cookie, please.

AndieX

Registered
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit blue because my self-pubbed "musician" series is not selling as nicely as I'd like. Those folks on The Passive Voice who are reporting thousands of sales per month? I'd sure like to know how they did it. I'm not possessed of lots of promo money and I don't qualify for Book Bub. I can barely get reviews (the first book, LOVE ONLY KNOWS, has a grand total of four, and FALLING SLOWLY has none at all), so I'm not eligible for BookBub or anything like that.

I know it's a long-term game, but I'm just not mentally wired to think long-term in exclusion of today. So I'll take that cookie, please.

Sometimes life's just not fair. Hope things pick up soon and everyone starts raving about your books.

A big hug and a huge chocolate chip cookie for you!

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
I have now sold more books today than I have entries in my giveaway. Whomp Whomp! I think I just saw a tumbleweed go by on my blog. So embarrassing.

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
<-- googles "Jules Court free book"

I can't even give my book away. :( Kind of hard not to feel like a total loser when you can't even get anyone to take a free book. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today (sad trombone noise).

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Should I have a cookie for not laughing in the faces of men who hit on me on social media because they're actually dumb enough to think heroines on my book-covers in my avatars are me. :ROFL:

Last edited:

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Hey, at least you still get hit on! I forgot the last time I got hit on, about forty years ago, that's how long it's been. Husband excluded, of course. For some reason he still thinks I'm all that.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Cookies for the Married Since Forever Club! We're a lucky club.:)

Last edited:

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Yes, indeed. I remember 30+ years ago, telling friends I was no longer dating. Didn't want a man in my life. He'd only muck it up. It wasn't 6 months before I met my one-and-only. Proving, somehow, that God has a sense of humor.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
:roll: I'm part of the "six month club" too, Deb! I vowed no more men after a rough breakup. But after my now 26 year hubby, realized what I actually meant was no more jerky men. Good men were just fine. :)

Have a cookie, everyone. I'll probably need a cookie myself soon. My editor told me I'll be getting my edit letter before Thanksgiving on Thursday. She'll need the edited book back before Christmas. Right when work at the evil day job is the busiest in years and, y'know...the holidays and all. Sigh... :(

Reaction score
These cookies should make you all feel better. "Dad's Cosmic Cookies" are an old family recipe with my special secret ingredient.

cookies009_zpsa034ee57.jpg

cookies010_zpscae16049.jpg

cookies011_zps76816463.jpg

Reaction score
OK, I'll be the one to ask -- what is your special secret ingredient?

Well, it grows well here. I forget the name but it cures cancer, glaucoma and many other things and makes sex more enjoyable if that is even possible. It relieves anxiety and makes things funny as hell. Ignites creativity and makes you forget what you were about to say at times.... like now.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I need a cookie. :( I'm sorry to be vague. Something recent has caused me to not want to write anymore. I've tried to suck it up and power through but I can't shake this terrible "Whats the point?" feeling.

I'm still hopeful things will get cleared up soon. It's been a long holiday weekend after all.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
No news is good news right? Thanks for the hugs guys. Special cookies are simi legal here ... sooo ...