I Need a Cookie...

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry for you Deb and here's hoping you have success around the corner! ... And a truly great brownie :0)

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
This past week at work I: had to take 3 hours off on Monday for expensive dental work, Tuesday was still waiting for information requried to make two maps for a report due on Friday, Wednesday drove three hours one way with my supervisor to meet with a county official who acted completely annoyed with us despite that it was her cartographer that set up the meeting, on Thursday was finally able to start making the maps for the report on Friday, throughout the week had to find minutes scattered throughout to make two posters for a public meeting for the coming Monday despite the boss not telling the project manager what he wanted until Wednesday (made two posters prior to that hoping they woudl be close, one was discarded completely), delt with technical printer problems that was preventing reports from being printed for Monday's meeting, prepared formal presentation for meeting on Friday that turned out to be casual and completely blew it by trying to tone down the formality. Oh yeah, and tomorrow I have two tests that I haven't studied for.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and I failed at virtually all of that making me really doubt whether I should even bother with a job interview I have scheduled for the coming week.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
All of that sounds REALLY good right now. Thanks. :) *goes back to studying*

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Uploading hugs and chocolate to you (the high quality, dark choccy kind). Annoying Day Jobs are...well...annoying, aren't they? Why won't someone just support us so we can write?

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
Uploading hugs and chocolate to you (the high quality, dark choccy kind). Annoying Day Jobs are...well...annoying, aren't they? Why won't someone just support us so we can write?

They are annoying at times, but at the same time I enjoy what I do for the most part, and I'm usually pretty darn good at it... but adding to the stress is that I found out that in a few months they want to promote me into a position that would completely take me away from my favorite part of what I do -- cartography. Moot point if the interview on Wednesday goes well.

Thanks for all the dark chocolate (my fave) and all the other goodies! It's good to have a place to rant without having to see the eyes glaze over.
:)

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I don't need a cookie so much as I want a cigarette. I quit about six weeks ago and creativity took a nose dive. Now it's back. Yay! But I'm so accustomed to smoking while I write that I keep reaching for a cigarette that's not there. It's this constant reminder that I may not smoke, and it's driving me crazy.

I have a proposal to turn in, and I'm getting nowhere.

Maybe I could have a tobacco cookie with nicotine junks? And some rolling paper? And a light?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck with staying quit. I know I wish my mother would...

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I don't need a cookie so much as I want a cigarette. I quit about six weeks ago and creativity took a nose dive. Now it's back. Yay! But I'm so accustomed to smoking while I write that I keep reaching for a cigarette that's not there. It's this constant reminder that I may not smoke, and it's driving me crazy.

I have a proposal to turn in, and I'm getting nowhere.

Maybe I could have a tobacco cookie with nicotine junks? And some rolling paper? And a light?

Hugs, Ali!! You can quit, I know it! Hang in there! :Hug2:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't write today. I was feeling pretty blah...:Shrug:

I guess we all have those days.

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I didn't write today. I was feeling pretty blah...:Shrug:

I guess we all have those days.

Some days, you just need a break. Give your muse the day off and tell her to have some chocolate and a trip to a nice day spa. Then you can get your mojo back.

Feel better! :Hug2:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Some days, you just need a break. Give your muse the day off and tell her to have some chocolate and a trip to a nice day spa. Then you can get your mojo back.

Feel better! :Hug2:

Thanks. I sent off another sub today. I feel slightly burnt.

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I read this thread title and my first reaction was:

sd101026.gif

Cookies for all! :D

LaurenLeigh

Registered
Reaction score
My latest WIP is coming along nicely but...I'm possibly developing what could turn into a pilonidal cyst and having had one before? DO NOT WANT. But it was a good day to sit and write.
I was supposed to have tomorrow off, but work cancelled the holiday due to patients cancelling the past couple weeks because of the massive snow dump New England received. I am also feeling rather paranoid about job security, the doctors I work for fire people all the time for little to none reason and I really just need them to keep me employed until May when my lease is up and I move San Jose. It's a very stressful job that actually makes me wake up in the middle of the night sometimes. I've worked for doctors before and never had an environment quite like this.
I have cookies next to me....safe to say I qualify to nibble?