Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Yesterday had been a horrible day at work, the grocery store was a mad house, I forgot some of my stuff at work and had to go back to get it, and my son wanted me to put together a small toy that I couldn't figure out--even with the blasted instructions!! I figured I would send my daughter to go check the mail for me and when she comes back, she says, "A letter for Ms. Robinson!" and hands me the dreaded white envelope with my own handwriting on it. *whimpers*

The blessing comes, I suppose, that the rejection was detailed. The agent would have to have read my partial in order to make the references she did and she did point out that one of my scenes were entertaining. However, going by my synopsis, she didn't think the story was believable (Ouch) and that my writing wasn't quite strong enough for her to sell. (double ouch) I do appreciate her taking the time to write me though... even if I do need a cookie.

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
One person's opinion on your book is just that - tons of published authors have been told their work wasn't such and such enough or was too this or too that. If you get the same feedback from more than one source that you trust, you may want to consider making some revisions. When I get those "nice" rejections that hurt, I usually simmer awhile and after a week or two it's clear what parts of the feedback might be valid or helpful in terms of immediate revision (before the next submission) and what parts may be perceived differently elsewhere. Get as many opinions as you can, and see which issues recur and which ones are just too subjective to be useful. . .but above all, believe in your work.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
I baked a fresh batch--double chocolate!

Sorry to hear, but keep submitting. I've been told it's a numbers game.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
You keep on writing...you keep on doing it...
and one agent is just one agent....do not give up
11_2_104.gif

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
And I receive yet another one today. This one was a bit nicer, I must admit. This time the agent replied that every one in the agency was drawn to my work, but my pacing was a bit slow and it took them a little too long to warm up to my heroine. Hrrrrm. It was nice to know that my writing was good, but it still sucks to receive a rejection. :cry:

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Wow. Talk about doubly frustrating. I'm so sorry to hear of your rejection woes, Sonarbabe. :Hug2: Hang in there and don't ever give up! Keep submitting and trying to land that agent who will say "yes" to your book. It's true, that is just "one agent's opinion" and you could think about revisions if you keep getting the same feedback from several. However, it takes a long time to find just the "right" agent -- and that agent is out there waiting to hear from you.

Don't wait for your ship to come in. Jump in the water and swim for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.