• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see an email address for Brenda Bowen, does she only accept snail mail queries?

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have dealings with Michael Harriot? I queried him six weeks ago and nary a peep.

jy'lenn

Chaos is a friend of mine.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jfposthumus.blogspot.com
I had a response from him four days after I sent him a query. I'd say if it's been six weeks with no response, it's a no.... but that's just me.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
katpaws: No response from BB yet. Still waiting.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
I queried BB on 8/14 and am also waiting.

Augustine

Registered
Reaction score
Do the agents at Sanford Greenburger tend to respond to queries? Or is this another agency that doesn't respond if they're not interested? That seems to be the norm these days.

Makes it difficult to know if someone looked at it, or if it got lost in the shuffle. I sent one agent a query, and four months passed and I didn't hear anything and figured he wasn't interested. Then when I was sending out another batch of queries I accidentally sent him another query. I caught the mistake right away, and didn't think much of it. Two days later, I get an e-mail from him asking me to send the full. Obviously, he never saw my query the first time I sent it.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
I SQ'd on a query I submitted to BB on 8/13/09 and attached original materials. Within minutes she sent a nice response. She had been on vacation during that time and is looking into it.

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query in July or August, too, and never heard a peep. I haven't heard of anyone she's signed, and most people I know are still waiting. I wonder, too, if she is a no responder.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query in July or August, too, and never heard a peep. I haven't heard of anyone she's signed, and most people I know are still waiting. I wonder, too, if she is a no responder.
I'd hang in there. She does ask for a partial up front, which would take longer to evaluate than just a query letter. Waiting 3 months on a partial is not unheard of. (And it's kind of like you've already skipped ahead a step.)

Here's to hoping one of her first clients come from this board.

Man, I'm sounding like Pollyanna today. lol

Janet-in-Oregon

Registered
Reaction score
After 4 months, Bowen returned my cover letter in the mail, but there was no note of any kind.

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
I started researching this agency when I heard the news that Lisa Gallagher was joining them thinking she might be a good fit for my manuscript. Instead, I found that Brenda Bowen sounded like an even better match. I queried her on 11/9 with the three chapters, synopsis, and bio that their website suggests. I got a reply from her three hours later thanking me for my query, saying that the premise sounded original, and she would get reading right away. She said to nudge her if I hadn't heard from her in four weeks, though she would try to be sooner.

It was really nice to get a reply from her before she even read my sample pages. Got me all tingly. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I really like her.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have contact/general info on Lisa Gallagher? Or what her genres are? I'm thinking of querying her but I'm having trouble finding info on her. Thanks

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything when I was doing my research either. Though the announcement that she's joining them is very recent, so you may have to wait a bit for her to get settled in.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
Sent a follow-up to a September query to BB and still haven't heard anything back. There seems to be an odd pattern happening here with some not hearing back and others getting immediate confimation. I'm not really sure how to proceed...

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Sent a follow-up to a September query to BB and still haven't heard anything back. There seems to be an odd pattern happening here with some not hearing back and others getting immediate confimation. I'm not really sure how to proceed...

She still hasn't responded to my 9/25 query + partial. But it's barely 2 months and I usually wait 3 months on a partial before I follow-up.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Any info/response times/experiences with either Sarah Dickman or Courtney Miller-Callihan? Merci beaucoup! Ooh wait never mind on Courtney's bio it says "solid credentials are a must". Well, I have none of those so I guess I'm only curious about Sarah Dickman now. She's listed under the Nicholas Ellison Agency tab on the website.

Last edited:

JulesKD

Registered
Reaction score
Well, aloha hou!

I'm here with a question or two about Mr. Bialer. I see one of you signed with him about two years ago. Sweet!

I like what I read about him because he seems to jibe with what I like to read/write. Of course I'm very squirrely and nervous about querying so I want to try to get as much right as possible.

I've checked Mr. Bialer and the entire agency out on AgentQuery, QueryTracker and also their own web page. I see that they accept email queries but word on the web says that they don't much answer e-queries.

I also see that Mr. Bialer wants a query, a synopsis and a "writing sample." However, I'm just not sure how long those should be. I'm thinking synopsis: typical 3-5 pages and sample: first three chapters. Does that sound about right?

It's so hard, you know, when you want something so badly!

Thanks, all, for any tidbits or nuggets of wisdom. ^_^

Jules, ever hopeful

JulesKD

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, good luck and let us know how that goes. Did you query him for your soft sci-fi? Because that's what I'd like to do. :)