• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
wow.....so happy for you. I filled out the stupid form and was rejected quickly. I will query again to individual agents..... my faith has been restored....

sharla

What's up??
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharlalovelace.com
Don't be too happy! :tongue She was equally fast to pass on my partial. Just got that email, said the writing wasn't strong enough.

Need some chocolate.

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
ack
bluegrab.gif

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Courtney Miller-Callihan. Request for partial (one-half of ms). Queried 2/11. Requested partial 2/12. Sent partial ASAP (of course).

MagicProduct

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious about that too. They've had my full mss since 1/6, which I can only take as a bad sign-- happy-ending stories always seem to be associated with quick turnaround times, a week or less....

But maybe this is just the Defeatist part of my brain talking, and lots of other people can offer inspirational stories of many-week silences followed by abrupt & unexpected triumphs. Anyone?

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Matt Bialer today, but after I did wondered if the submission stuff should have been an attachment or inline?

What did other people do?

Thanks!

Helen

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
I usually send it inline unless they specify an attachment. There are alot of agents that will just delete a query with an attachment. If you did send it attached and you find they wanted it inline, then wait a week and send it again.

twoheadknight

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Matt Bialer through his assistant Lindsay Ribar, and received a request for a full from her. Yikes! I'll let you know how long it takes to hear back. They responded within 2 weeks of my initial query, and it's been 3 weeks since the full manuscript request. Here's hoping!

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Emerita, I did send an attachment (there was nothing in the submission guidelines either way) but they may have assumed people were less easily confused than me! I shall resend after I overhaul my query and synopsis.

Good luck, twoheadknight!

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Matt Bialer through his assistant Lindsay Ribar, and received a request for a full from her. Yikes! I'll let you know how long it takes to hear back. They responded within 2 weeks of my initial query, and it's been 3 weeks since the full manuscript request. Here's hoping!

OMG! Great News! Good Luck!!!

dragonmedley

Inconsistent AWer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not too sure what to do... When I queried Matt Bialer, it said to send it to his email address on the website. Since then, the address has changed to his assistant's. I haven't heard back (either a yes or a no) since the beginning of January. Should I inquire if with Ms. Ribar if the enail got lost in cyberspace and resubmit to her? Or should I just take it as a no? They do say that they respond within 6-8 weeks to queries; they don't mention specifically if they do the non-response thing to queries they don't like.

ohjammer

Registered
Reaction score
Brisk to the point of rudeness.

Submitted query to Courtney Miller Callahan on 2/9. Received this on 4/8:
Thanks for your query, but this isn't right for my list. Best wishes in finding the perfect home for your work.

Beware_of_Italics

Different from the rest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stuffandnonsense-auntkristin.blogspot.com
I would appreciate some opinions here. :)

A partial was requested by Tricia Davey recently, but the next day I realized I didn't put "Requested" in the subject line. (First time I've ever forgotten that). I'm also concerned that the attachment didn't send right. (New computer with new 'Word' program since the old computer recently died on me).

What would you do? Resend it, or just take their silence as a rejection?
They did say they would only get back in touch with me again if they were interested, but still... I certainly don't want to be a bother to them if they HAVE received that attachment and understood this was requested material.

I could kick myself for not putting "Requested" in the subject line. (They didn't say to put that in the subject line, but I always do when pages are requested. I just worry that they immediately deleted it b/c it was an attachment without 'Requested' in the subject line).

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me....and it turned out they had NOT gotten it.

I would resend, put in the right wording, and just a note at the top saying your email has been acting up and you're not sure if it went through.

What can it hurt?:Shrug:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely re-send with a short mea culpa. The same thing happened to me with a request - I send the wrong file attached and had to resend before they read an incomplete rough draft.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal experiences with Michael Harriot? I see that he joined the agency this year, reps mostly nonfic, and has clients such as Prodigy and Billy Corgan.

I sent him a query today.

Beware_of_Italics

Different from the rest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stuffandnonsense-auntkristin.blogspot.com
Thanks for all your help. I feel ridiculous now though. :tongue It turns out that I DID put "Requested" in the subject line. The email I saw earlier was the original query. I guess her not replying = rejection.

Just a side note: I really wish agents would reply after they've requested material. When they don't, they leave me wondering if their silence was a rejection, or did my email get lost in cyberspace? :Shrug: I need closure with this stuff. I need proof of that rejection which I can see with my own eyes. Even a simple "No" is fine with me.

roger kryless

Registered
Reaction score
Equeried Heidi Lange this week. I know the chances are somewhat less likely of it going anywhere than me winning the lottery twice. But I'm still curious -- anybody have any insight into response times?

-rk

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Equeried Heidi Lange this week. I know the chances are somewhat less likely of it going anywhere than me winning the lottery twice. But I'm still curious -- anybody have any insight into response times?

-rk

Heidi sent me an query R after four weeks.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Brenda Bowen with a YA this week. Fingers crossed!

Chuck Jones

Runs With Scissors
Registered
Reaction score
I got a very gracious R from Brenda Bowen the other day. Reading her blog and researching her, she seems a very personable agent. That was the most painful R I've gotten so far. She was one of the agents I really wanted.

cubofaslan

Registered
Reaction score
Chuck Jones, sorry to hear about the R. What date did you send it in, by the way?

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Brenda Bowen 8/13/09. Waiting.