• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I always address my query to the agent even if it's the assistant who is going to be reading it. But that's because I was under the impression that was how it was supposed to be done. I could be mistaken.

While this is true, I just want to point out that, while Lindsay Ribar is Matt Bialer's assistant, she is also an incredibly sharp (no bias at all) junior agent at the agency and has a small list of clients (including me :)).

Last edited:

Emmet Cameron

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread. Lindsay is one of two agents who've extended an offer of rep to me, and being able to read about others' experiences with her/this agency is really helpful.

Emmet Cameron

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I chose Lindsay, and I'm currently working on the revisions she proposed. Guess that makes us agent sisters, Elizabeth! :Hug2:

In case it helps with anybody else's decision to query or accept an offer from Lindsay: one of the biggest reasons behind my choice is that she has a really keen editorial eye. She isn't afraid to say what she likes or doesn't like about a book, and she is phenomenal at seeing unexplored possibilities that can make a book better. At the same time, I haven't felt like my concept of the book was being bowled over by her concept. She asks questions and makes suggestions and then listens to where you want to take that as the author. If you're looking for an editorial agent (and you're ready to work hard), she is a gem.

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
Update: I chose Lindsay, and I'm currently working on the revisions she proposed. Guess that makes us agent sisters, Elizabeth! :Hug2:
Congratulations, Emmet! I'm so happy for you and for Lindsay. I wish you both the best with your novel! Welcome to the SJGA family. :Hug2:

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
I must say; I read that interview, Krista, and put Ms. Ribar on the top of my list of agents to stalk while fixing my MS. Thank you so much for posting that link on here! She seems like a pretty cool person =D

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I must say; I read that interview, Krista, and put Ms. Ribar on the top of my list of agents to stalk while fixing my MS. Thank you so much for posting that link on here! She seems like a pretty cool person =D

No problem, Jaegur! Glad you found it useful.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried Courtney Miller-Callihan recently? I got a #PitMad request from her and sent my query + first three chapters that same day (Sept. 12). I never got an auto-response (eek) and according to her Twitter she goes through queries pretty regularly (EEK).

I know it hasn't been that long since I queried, but I was hoping some of you could shed light on your query response times with her. I'm succumbing to the Querying Writer Delusion that all my queries are being sucked into a black hole, never to see the light of day in an agent's inbox!! (@_@);

StirtheStars

Registered
Reaction score
Stella,

If I remember correctly I saw recently on Twitter her mentioning she was behind in reading--including queries. It took a little over a month to hear back on mine. Also, she doesn't have an auto response, so I wouldn't worry about it getting lost.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Stella,

If I remember correctly I saw recently on Twitter her mentioning she was behind in reading--including queries. It took a little over a month to hear back on mine. Also, she doesn't have an auto response, so I wouldn't worry about it getting lost.

Thank you for sharing your timeline with her! :)

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone subbed to Brenda Bowen recently? I didn't get the bounce-back e-mail her guidelines mention, and I'm wondering if the problem is on her end or mine. I made a second attempt today. I'll try using another e-mail address tomorrow if it's just me.

PeteDutcher

Twitter: @petedutcherjr
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Question on attachments...

What format do I send? Should it be PDF or Word? If Word, should it be the old or new format?

Plan to submit to Lindsay when I'm ready.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Lindsay Ribar with YA Post-Apocalyptic on 10/22/14. No response so assuming no.

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Stephanie Delman? She's very new, a junior agent who was assistant to the head honchos.

FallonDeMornay

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Courtney - got a full ms request in Dec 2015, and an R&R from her in February 2016.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on Courtney. Her site says she's not taking children's fiction, so I've taken her off my list.

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Stephanie Delman or Rachel Dillon Fried?

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
My #PitDark pitch was favorited by an agent named Wendi Lulu Gu who lists a link to Greenburger Associates on her Twitter and her email address seems legit for the agency (@sjga). But I can't find mention of her anywhere on the agency website.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before with new agents or whether it's a red flag.

ETA: From her Twitter feed, she looks to be truly involved in the life of the agency, so I'm not really worried and sent off my materials.

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My #PitDark pitch was favorited by an agent named Wendi Lulu Gu who lists a link to Greenburger Associates on her Twitter and her email address seems legit for the agency (@sjga). But I can't find mention of her anywhere on the agency website.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before with new agents or whether it's a red flag.

ETA: From her Twitter feed, she looks to be truly involved in the life of the agency, so I'm not really worried and sent off my materials.

I agree with your conclusions. Larger agencies often take ages to update their websites, so it's not unusual for them to be out of date as far as newer personnel is concerned.

9Ford7

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
I'm interested in Sanford J Greenburger's (Kids). I'm wondering, isn't it different (good? Just odd?) that they request the query with the attachment of the full ms? Anyone hear about Bailey Tamayo or Abigail Frank? I'm gearing up to take a shot at sending. Nice if anyone has heard about them or knows anything. Thanks Everyone! :)

Wait, am I posting this right?