• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sanford J. Greenburger associates? I checked the index and there didn't seem to be anything on them.

Thanks!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks James & HorrorWriter. I haven't been offered a contract or anything by them (I wish), I'm just wondering if I should query or not. Sounds like I should!

UWS

Registered
Reaction score
Nick Ellison

Has anyone here worked with Nick Ellison, whose agency is part of Sanford J. Greenburger? If so, would you recommend him as an agent?

UWS

Registered
Reaction score
Nick Ellison

Thanks, I did see it, but there's no comment there from someone who's actually worked with Nick Ellison. That's what I'm looking for. I know he's a reputable agent, and Sanford Greenburger is well known, but I'd like to get some personal feedback. A while ago I signed up (for a different project) with someone from a prestigious agency, and she ended up being unreliable, unprofessional and incompetent. So this time I'm going to err on the side of caution before I sign a contract with an agent.

crossword

Registered
Reaction score
Tricia Davey

Has anyone had any dealings with Tricia Davey of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates?

Last edited:

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
The woman sold film rights for at least two books that have been made into major motion pictures (I sat "at least" because I only recognize The Nanny Diaries and Midnight in the...), and she's been with two very prestigious agencies. Maybe she's diversifying into selling books now and either hasn't made sales yet, or just hasn't updated her bio since she has.

I would have no qualms about querying her.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
She's got two recent book sales over at Publisher's Marketplace. One is a non-fiction business title from October of last year:

THE BOOYAH MONEY BREAKDOWN: Simple, Savvy Strategies to Making Money for Women, a guide to personal finance for young women

And the other is a YA two-book deal just last month:

Sara Lawrence's HIGH JINX

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Those are the only ones LISTED, but that doesn't mean much because not everybody lists books there, and often it's the author who does the reporting of the deal (I do, rather than our agent.) That doesn't mean they're the only ones, though, and since they were both nice deals and multi-book deals, I'd say she at least has enough contacts in the marketplace to justify sending a query. :)

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, congrats, ducky!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
12 day form rejection from matt bialer
via post. had sent three chapters and synopsis
as instructed on website.

Manu

Registered
Reaction score
Courtney Miller-Callahan

Just getting into this biz, so lots of questions. Ms. Miller-Callahan is at Sanford J. Greenburger and asked to see the full of my historical fiction novel. Agency has a huge rep, and I feel deeply honored even to submit, but curious whether anyone knows Courtney.

Thanks for the help, and pages and prosperity to all.

Manu

Registered
Reaction score
Courtney Miller-Callahan

Anybody have a line on this agent? She's at Sanford J. Greenburger. She asked to see my historical ms.

Prosperity and pages to all.

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
Faith Hamlin.....agent

I thought I asked about her but I guess I didn't. I did some research and thought I would add her here. I am about to query her. She has a list of impressive clients but I have to give her a shot. Has anyone had any interaction with her?

Faith Hamlin
Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
55 Fifth Avenue, 15th floor
New York, NY 10003

http://www.greenburger.com/code/agents/faith.htm

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a snail mail query a while back and received a request within a month from her assistant. Ultimately it was a rejection, but she gave me a pretty good critique. Overall it was a good experience.

Manu

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a snail mail query a while back and received a request within a month from her assistant. Ultimately it was a rejection, but she gave me a pretty good critique. Overall it was a good experience.

Thanks, Mark. Still no word from Courtney. We'll see. Perhaps Santa is on the way.

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mark. Still no word from Courtney. We'll see. Perhaps Santa is on the way.

Hang in there. With the holidays, the office may be closed. From what I remember, it wasn't more than 6 weeks between request and reply.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Matt Bialer

Hopefully this isn't the incorrect forum for this, but does Matt Bialer accept email queries? AgentQuery says no, but the SJGA site gives his email addy. I guess I could always go snail mail and cover my bets, but the lazy pecker in me suggests I ask you guys first. ;)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't the incorrect forum for this, but does Matt Bialer accept email queries? AgentQuery says no, but the SJGA site gives his email addy. I guess I could always go snail mail and cover my bets, but the lazy pecker in me suggests I ask you guys first. ;)

Per his SJGA page: "Please direct all queries to LRibar [at] sjga [dot] com." Sounds like he accepts email queries, just not directly.