The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

practical experience, FTW

[Agency] Sanford J. Greenburger Associates

Does anyone know anything about Sanford J. Greenburger associates? I checked the index and there didn't seem to be anything on them.

Thanks!

It's a new dawn. It's a new day. HorrorWriter's Avatar
    In your closet with the Boogeyman's corpse!

Smile

Maddy,
    Sanford J. Greenburger is quite a reputable agency. They represent Dan Brown (the DaVinci Code). Matt Bialer handles sci-fi/fantasy/horror.

Thanks James & HorrorWriter. I haven't been offered a contract or anything by them (I wish), I'm just wondering if I should query or not. Sounds like I should!

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    I believe they only take hardcopy streetmail queries.

Follow their guidelines to the letter, and best of luck to you.

Ok, thanks!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Question Nick Ellison

Has anyone here worked with Nick Ellison, whose agency is part of Sanford J. Greenburger? If so, would you recommend him as an agent?

Nick Ellison

Thanks, I did see it, but there's no comment there from someone who's actually worked with Nick Ellison. That's what I'm looking for. I know he's a reputable agent, and Sanford Greenburger is well known, but I'd like to get some personal feedback. A while ago I signed up (for a different project) with someone from a prestigious agency, and she ended up being unreliable, unprofessional and incompetent. So this time I'm going to err on the side of caution before I sign a contract with an agent.

Tricia Davey

Has anyone had any dealings with Tricia Davey of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates?
    Last edited by crossword; 10-16-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Absolutely Fazed
    The woman sold film rights for at least two books that have been made into major motion pictures (I sat "at least" because I only recognize The Nanny Diaries and Midnight in the...), and she's been with two very prestigious agencies. Maybe she's diversifying into selling books now and either hasn't made sales yet, or just hasn't updated her bio since she has.

I would have no qualms about querying her.

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    She's got two recent book sales over at Publisher's Marketplace. One is a non-fiction business title from October of last year:

THE BOOYAH MONEY BREAKDOWN: Simple, Savvy Strategies to Making Money for Women, a guide to personal finance for young women

And the other is a YA two-book deal just last month:

Sara Lawrence's HIGH JINX
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    Those are the only ones LISTED, but that doesn't mean much because not everybody lists books there, and often it's the author who does the reporting of the deal (I do, rather than our agent.) That doesn't mean they're the only ones, though, and since they were both nice deals and multi-book deals, I'd say she at least has enough contacts in the marketplace to justify sending a query.
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Thanks a lot, Cathy!

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe. badducky's Avatar
    I just signed on with Matt Bialer today.

And, I consider myself very fortunate about it.

Ribbed for your pleasure. Voyager's Avatar
    Oh, congrats, ducky!
    “You write how you write. If I were a calculating careerist, I would not be a novelist.” Justin Cronin

"I'd rather shoot myself in the face than have another discussion about the difference between one category of literature and another." Colson Whitehead

facebook.com/jes.bosworth

bedazzled /bootay shaker!! xiaotien's Avatar
    12 day form rejection from matt bialer
    via post. had sent three chapters and synopsis
    as instructed on website.

Silver Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 4/09)

Fury of the Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 3/11)

Diverse 3nergies anthology (Tu B00ks: 10/12)

visit my website :
    paint & prose

my brush art at etsy!

Thumbs up Courtney Miller-Callahan

Just getting into this biz, so lots of questions. Ms. Miller-Callahan is at Sanford J. Greenburger and asked to see the full of my historical fiction novel. Agency has a huge rep, and I feel deeply honored even to submit, but curious whether anyone knows Courtney.

Thanks for the help, and pages and prosperity to all.

Courtney Miller-Callahan

Anybody have a line on this agent? She's at Sanford J. Greenburger. She asked to see my historical ms.

Prosperity and pages to all.

Faith Hamlin.....agent

I thought I asked about her but I guess I didn't. I did some research and thought I would add her here. I am about to query her. She has a list of impressive clients but I have to give her a shot. Has anyone had any interaction with her?

Faith Hamlin
    Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
    55 Fifth Avenue, 15th floor
    New York, NY 10003

http://www.greenburger.com/code/agents/faith.htm
    " OLDER CHICKS RULE"

I sent a snail mail query a while back and received a request within a month from her assistant. Ultimately it was a rejection, but she gave me a pretty good critique. Overall it was a good experience.
    Mark

Want to learn about ETFs? Yours truly is the About.com Guide for Exchange Traded Funds.

I'm also the CEO of SEOM Interactive a Philadelphia SEO Company and I tweet at @markkennedysem

Quote Originally Posted by K-Mark View Post
    I sent a snail mail query a while back and received a request within a month from her assistant. Ultimately it was a rejection, but she gave me a pretty good critique. Overall it was a good experience.
    Thanks, Mark. Still no word from Courtney. We'll see. Perhaps Santa is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Thanks, Mark. Still no word from Courtney. We'll see. Perhaps Santa is on the way.
    Hang in there. With the holidays, the office may be closed. From what I remember, it wasn't more than 6 weeks between request and reply.
    Mark

Want to learn about ETFs? Yours truly is the About.com Guide for Exchange Traded Funds.

I'm also the CEO of SEOM Interactive a Philadelphia SEO Company and I tweet at @markkennedysem

Entertainment Ronin

Matt Bialer

Hopefully this isn't the incorrect forum for this, but does Matt Bialer accept email queries? AgentQuery says no, but the SJGA site gives his email addy. I guess I could always go snail mail and cover my bets, but the lazy pecker in me suggests I ask you guys first.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Body View Post
    Hopefully this isn't the incorrect forum for this, but does Matt Bialer accept email queries? AgentQuery says no, but the SJGA site gives his email addy. I guess I could always go snail mail and cover my bets, but the lazy pecker in me suggests I ask you guys first.
    Per his SJGA page: "Please direct all queries to LRibar [at] sjga [dot] com." Sounds like he accepts email queries, just not directly.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Tricia Davey

E-Queried Ms. Davey last night and got a request for 3 chapters this morning, so very fast!
    Sharla Lovelace
    National Bestselling & Award Winning Author

THE REASON IS YOU
    BEFORE AND EVER SINCE
    JUST ONE DAY

My website. Come on, you know you want to.
    Facebook. I'm here, too.
    Twitter. All over it.
    Goodreads. Aren't you interested? Just a little?
    "It's four o'clock in the morning, damn it..." Sir Elton John

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast