Woah- the query letters on this site are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicegrrl

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me the query letters in the share your work section of this site are above average or something, because I wanted to read just about all the stories described in those letters. Here I was thinking that 60% of manuscripts are badly written or have no plot or are just whiny memoirs labeled as fiction, but I find all the queries on this site are about actual stories with compelling plots.

Those are above par, right?

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
My query is in the Share Your Work section, and I would love it if mine was above par, so I'll say yes.

Curse my wishful thinking.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
Provrb1810meggy said:
My query is in the Share Your Work section, and I would love it if mine was above par, so I'll say yes.

Curse my wishful thinking.

LOL! Ditto, ditto. I got two giant nibbles - count 'em, two! - for which I'm keeping all my appendages crossed, but so far that's it. But I'm keepin' on with the querying, as long as I can stand it at least, and I'm working on reinforcing my alligator hide.

BTW, Meggy, I didn't realize you were fourteen (saw that in another thread). I think it's wonderful that you're getting started with serious writing and publication attempts at your age. I wish you all the luck in the world! :)

nicegrrl

Banned
Reaction score
Considering that some agents actually wanted to read your manuscript, that means you have a good query letter afterall. I'm glad to hear it.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
nicegrrl said:
Considering that some agents actually wanted to read your manuscript, that means you have a good query letter afterall. I'm glad to hear it.

Thanks! Yes, I'm tickled about the nibbles. I'm crossing my fingers so tightly that they're numb. ;)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
The goal here is to get EVERY query ready for acceptance. "Acceptance" in terms of a query means they ask for pages--either a partial or full manuscript. I think the record is pretty good, and it's definitely due to the quality of critiquers in SYW. So don't be afraid to offer your own input to other queries. That's how we all learn! (And I need to get back over there to do some myself. It's been awhile...I plead a frantic schedule. :eek: )

Status
Not open for further replies.