• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Address or Link for reporting reviews on Amazon?

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this. But abuse of the Amazon reader review system comes up a lot in Bewares (is that blasted Amazon slammer still on the loose?), so I thought I'd ask...

I know you can report a bad review just by clicking "Report Here," but often, nothing happens because there is no way to tell them why you are reporting the review. Is there a URL or e-mail address for more specific complaints? (For example, to report trolls, or to report reviews that give away major spoilers. :()

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Found this buried in their help section:
We do exert some editorial control over our reviews. Profane or spurious comments are promptly removed. Our intention is to make the review forum a place for commentary and feedback, so discussions that fall out of this broad parameter are removed from the Web site. If you feel that a customer review falls outside of our guidelines, please contact us at [email protected].

Deleted member 42

The form on the page goes to the same address, so to speak.

All of these are checked by living humans; the more specific the complaint is, while being succint, the more likely it will be responded to favorably.

Keep it short, sweetly polite, and very very specific.