The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Address or Link for reporting reviews on Amazon?

Address or Link for reporting reviews on Amazon?

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this. But abuse of the Amazon reader review system comes up a lot in Bewares (is that blasted Amazon slammer still on the loose?), so I thought I'd ask...

I know you can report a bad review just by clicking "Report Here," but often, nothing happens because there is no way to tell them why you are reporting the review. Is there a URL or e-mail address for more specific complaints? (For example, to report trolls, or to report reviews that give away major spoilers. )
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Found this buried in their help section:
    We do exert some editorial control over our reviews. Profane or spurious comments are promptly removed. Our intention is to make the review forum a place for commentary and feedback, so discussions that fall out of this broad parameter are removed from the Web site. If you feel that a customer review falls outside of our guidelines, please contact us at community-help@amazon.com.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I used the email addy once. The review I reported was gone within a couple of hours.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Cultus Gopherus MacAllister Medievalist's Avatar
    The form on the page goes to the same address, so to speak.

All of these are checked by living humans; the more specific the complaint is, while being succint, the more likely it will be responded to favorably.

Keep it short, sweetly polite, and very very specific.

AW Admin: This account is rarely active
    About.Me
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg
    My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?