AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mark Frisk Agency

Banned for Trolling

Mark Frisk Agency

Anybody know if this agency is legit or not?

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glutton
    Anybody know if this agency is legit or not?
    Not a heck of a lot of info on this agency/agent.

I found one minimalist website that had him listed at http://www.literaryagents.com. I couldn't find him there, but maybe you have to register first.

However, if this agency does list this as their primary website, it's a big flag to me: This looks like one of those damned display sites.

Oh, yeah...legit agents are going to go running to something like that when they've got plenty of slush to deal with it as it is.

Not a knock on you, glutton.

I think I would pass.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl1962
    Not a heck of a lot of info on this agency/agent.
    Never a good sign.

The "minimalist" site is actually a guy's database. Literaryagents.com is where he found Frisk's name. (Literaryagents.com prominently displays so many dubious operations I wouldn't consider it a reliable source for any sort of publishing-related information.)

Back to Frisk: looks like he was formerly with the Howard Buck Agency, but the only sale I can find for him was back in 1998. He's not listed in AAR, FWIW.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Mr. Frisk is now a marketer. (An online CV confirms he hasn't been an agent since he left Howard Buck in 1991.)
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: