• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Irene Goodman Literary Agency

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score

Kristoff

Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick update, today I sent *just* my query letter with a note that I when I tried to send the 10 pages and the synopsis, my mail bounced.

And finally, my e-mail didn't bounce! So we'll see what happens next.

Same. I just sent query + synopsis and it went through fine. So there seems to be an issue with mail size at their end.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

has anyone heard anything from anyone on a query/full/partial? I want to get a feel for what response times are like lately.

FROBONICUS

Registered
Reaction score
QueryTrackers shows recent waits of up to four months. I've been waiting six weeks on a full.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hey,

has anyone heard anything from anyone on a query/full/partial? I want to get a feel for what response times are like lately.

FWIW, I've never received a response from either Miriam or Irene. Barbara rejected me last year after a 10 week wait, and she hasn't yet responded to my recent 5/19 query.

ETA: I think they indicate on their web that a no response on a query = rejection.

Last edited:

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note that I just sent a query and I do believe it went through. Good luck, everyone!

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
When an agency says to submit via one email address for the entire agency (as this one does) do you simply send it and assume it will get funneled to the right person, or put the preferred agent name in the subject header?

Thanks.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
mia, I always put the preferred agent's name in the subject header, although I'm not sure they pay any attention to it; it may just get funneled to whoever they think is the right person regardless. Stay tuned for other opinions.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I generally address the query (in the body of the email) to the preferred agent.

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Miss Plum and Hillary! That's what I assumed, but I also recognize that there might be some query-customs that I'm unfamiliar with!

Burning Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone...
I was wondering if this agency does paranormal romance? I do they do Urban Fantasy VERY well, but they also do Larissa Ione's work, which is sort of an Urban paranormal. So, what do you guys think?

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: Full request after a partial request last month !!!!!!
Too excited....

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Irene Goodman on 10-25 and have received no response to date.

billyf027

Registered
Reaction score
If they ask for a partial do you reply to email or start a new one? I usually replied in the past, but didn't know about this agency.
Thank you

kdbeaar

Trying to finish at least 1 ms!
Registered
Reaction score
I just came across this and thought some of you might be interested.

Basically, you can bid on ebay for the opportunity to submit your MS to Irene, and she herself will critique it if you're the winner. She has actually signed new authors via this program. The ebay proceeds go to charities she believes in.

I know nothing about this other than what I read; has anyone heard of this?

http://www.irenegoodman.com/ebay.php

I searched the thread before posting and didn't find reference, so if it's old info here, I apologize.

ETA: Wow! Opening bid $499, Buy It Now, $1,000. Not for the timid...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Critique-First-...aultDomain_0&hash=item33646d1af6#ht_962wt_934

Last edited:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well intentioned in this case. I have no doubt the money will go to charity. No offense to Irene, but I don't know, I just don't think it's a good idea though.

It gives scammers a brand new idea. I can see these all over eBay and Craig's list. And with the scammers, highly unlikely the charity would ever see the $$$. I can see PA doing it in a heartbeat.

Course, what do I know? Maybe agents do this all the time.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
My Experience

I got a request for a partial from Jon Sternfeld's assistant within 1 hour of querying. 24 hours later a request for a full. That was last week. Now I twiddle my thumbs and check e-mail every 5 minutes...

Any suggestions on how to pass the time???

- Bunderful

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
Bunderful,

Start writing something new and eat chocolate. That works for me, sort of.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Marika - I didn't eat chocolate (though I should have!) but I did start working on a new project!

Well, I e-mailed to tell them that I had another manuscript request and 24 hours later Jon replied with a very lovely personal rejection.

At least I have another manuscript out there so I didn't take it too hard...

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Well, I e-mailed to tell them that I had another manuscript request

For the record, unless the agent specifically asks to be kept in the loop about other requests, you should never inform agents about anything less than an offer of representation. They will assume you're querying other agents and getting requests from them.

Congrats on the other request - hope it works out for you! :)