Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Residency program] Djerassi Foundation

practical experience, FTW

[Residency program] Djerassi Foundation

I am not sure if this is the right place for this as I know it isn't a scam or anything, I am just curious if anyone has taken part in their residency program? I found out last week that I had been given a month palcement for next year, so I get to spend a month writing in the Santa Cruz mountains, all expenses covered! I can't wait, though my husband said it was probably a cult and I wouldn't come back but I think that was wishful thinking. I would love to find out what it is like, what to expect etc from anyone who has already taken part - thanks.

I've included the link if any of you wanted to apply. I know they have just started accepting applications for the next season.

http://www.djerassi.org/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Looks lovely. Did you go?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I have two friends who did this and had a great time. It's completely not a cult; if anything, it's an attempt to create a West Coast equivalent of the MacDowell Colony or Yaddo.