• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Loretta Barrett Books

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Sending query

There haven't been many people writing here. I am sending a query today to Jennifer Didik for my baseball-themed historical fiction. Has anyone had any experience with Jennifer? I will post when/if I get a response, but was curious if anyone had dealt with her previously.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Bryan

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Sent a general query on 2/03 with Contemporary Women's Fiction, and received a request for the full on 2/20 from Nick Mullendore. Waiting...excited...

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Jennifer back in October 2012.

No response as of yet.

nealraisman

tenured at Mammon U
Registered
Reaction score
I got through and she asked for a partial but since has said it isn't her type of work so... Professional and quick

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
So sorry about Ms. Barrett. She was nice and helpful--passed on my work, which was eventually published through SCP unagented. Her insight was invaluable, and I'm sure she'll be missed terribly.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site hasn't been updated (not the least to reflect Ms. Barrett's passing), and QT reports bounced email "mailbox full". Anyone get through recently?

onthefence

Nonfiction author
Registered
Reaction score
I queried 2 days ago and got a "mailbox full" bounce message from their server this morning. I called their offices in NY and it just rang for 6-7 times, then there was a recording asking to leave a message. I told them their mail system was full and blocking any inbound messages.

I have the feeling that LBB is out of business. Their mail server has been down since what, APRIL!?

Who knows whatever happened to Nick Mullendore.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Linkedin states under Mr. Mullendore's profile that he's still VP and Director of Foreign Rights for Loretta Barrett Books (1998-present), whatever that means at this point. I can only assume Ms. Barrett's agency was attached to a trust or perhaps in probate? If it is permanently shut down -- as the stacks of messages imply -- then it's entered into some sort of limbo.

poppyI

Registered
Reaction score
Mine bounced too, I don't think anyone is active in that agency..