• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Yardbird Books

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm wondering because I'm interested in a controversial book they have published, The Midnight Ride of Jonathan Luna. Apparently, there have even been attacks to ban the book, which is nonfiction about a case involving the mysterious death of a federal prosecutor. (I'm listening to a radio interview with the author now.) But I want to make sure they're legit before spending my money. And if the story is right, I might have to buy it quickly while I still can. :D

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Anne,
They look ok to me.. www.yardbird.com is the site. They've apparently been in business since 1988 and have a decent catalog but not overly extensive. Their submissions page says to query first - usually scammers want the ms. right away. Books are reasonably priced.

I would say yes.

Deleted member 42

Anne their books are in a lot of libraries; I checked locally, on campus and in World Cat, and found them in all three places.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Thanks all!
:Hail:

Now I definitely want that book. :D For one thing, I feel embarrassed for believing some of the information that was in the media about that case!
:eek:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ceased publishing in '14 (site remains active as store/blog).