• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
Ironically I found her twitter through Suzie Townsend's, from FinePrint. I was like, "Huh, that's funny, that name sounds just like............it is."

The other agent who twittered, she started to give hints. I'm totally all for the hints, because otherwise I'm sitting here like, "Is it me? Is it me? Is it me? Torturrrrrrre."

NDZone

Registered
Reaction score
They share the same suite of offices. The place used to be called Agent Alley and still may be for all I know. Several agencies have shared the space.

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
The other agent who twittered, she started to give hints. I'm totally all for the hints, because otherwise I'm sitting here like, "Is it me? Is it me? Is it me? Torturrrrrrre."

Seriously! All I need is one word to know if it's me or not. *sigh* And knowing she started my ms days ago only makes me twitchy. Not knowing is definitely better.

zephyers1

Registered
Reaction score
Joanna requested (and received) my full MS for MG Adventure on Feb. 8....day before her Tweet re: loving the MS she was reading. Obviously am hoping she's a fast reader and was working on mine already, like everyone else here! Who else here has a full or partial in with Joanna?

Sarah Christine

Registered
Reaction score
Actually I think that manuscript turned into an offer for someone else already--though I could very much be wrong! She sent a contract to someone soon after those twitter posts.

My full is still sitting with her, but by now I'm definitely sure it's a no. She tends to get back very soon on subs she's interested in (about two weeks via the responses on QT).

Good luck with yours, though! :)

zephyers1

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info., Sarah Christine- and good luck with your MS- who knows, looks like someone once got an offer after 76 days on QT? But you're right- definitely seems like you want a quick response from Joanna. BTW- how do you how about a contract being sent out? You seem like a great detective...

Sarah Christine

Registered
Reaction score
LOL I'm more like a stalker, it's kind've creepy and pathetic. But I like the sound of detective better.

One of her tweets to someone else on twitter mentioned a contract (I did a little excavating, more creepy stalking), and since she hasn't mentioned anything else since the manuscript she :heart:'d, I think it's safe to assume that was it. Waiting for something to happen was such torture, too!

Gosh.

zephyers1

Registered
Reaction score
Joanna's newest Tweet: "# Oh, and for anyone who was curious--I am now the agent for that FANTASTIC submission from last week!! Squeeeees all around! about 13 hours ago from web "

Great news for someone else!

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Just FYI: Joanna tweeted yesterday that she's caught up on queries (she's had 1000+ already this year!), so if you queried and haven't heard back, you might want to check spam folders or resend.

:)

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
geez sounds like something i'd like to read. tehe :) i wonder who the lucky person is?? do you have a full with her sarah christine?

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
Thmafi, I do, but it's well past the date where she usually shows interest :] I'm just waiting for my R.

you don't know that! there's no exact science to this stuff. :)

my fingers are all crossed for you!

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't find out about the contest until after I sent my query in. Too bad too cause it would have helped a lot since I got a rejection a few hours later. :) Oh well, at least she's fast! Or maybe it was so bad she didn't even have to think about it...

I prefer to think she's fast lol

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
You still can enter. She'll still reject, but she'll give you a reason why, and that might help with your querying process.

Contest opens in 2.25 hours.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
It's noon EASTERN time, correct? Just checking... Countries with multiple time zones make me dizzy.... :)

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
I sent mine in at 12.08 EST. At least maybe I'll get some feedback on my query writing skills.

Fingers crossed!