• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

steampunk

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Got a rejection from Joanna Stampel...very nice personal letter saying she really liked my writing but alas wasn't for her. As for stats, I sent a query via email on May 13, she requested a partial on May 15 and rejected via email on June 2.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
steam, which e-mail add did you send to? Do you have know what genre she handles?
Sorry about the R, good luck on your other submissions.

electric violet

Please pass the Sour Punch Straws.
Registered
Reaction score
the land of beautiful sunsets....and not so beauti
Website
www.lovethefreeworld.blogspot.com
I just thought I would add that I too am awaiting a response from my full that Joanna requested. My poor email account is going to be checked every ten freakin' minutes for the next week or two, however long it takes. Ha! I'll let everyone know how it goes!!

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from Joanna this morning saying she'd like to give me a call today... I'M FREAKIN OUT MANNNNNNNNN!!!!! GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER! What does this mean? I'm pretty much peeing my pants.

LOL!! I would be too. It's probably good news......try not to faint or you'll miss the call. Let us know what happens.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I just got an email from Joanna this morning saying she'd like to give me a call today... I'M FREAKIN OUT MANNNNNNNNN!!!!! GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER! What does this mean? I'm pretty much peeing my pants.

OMG!!! I'm thinking that's THE CALL! Most agents don't bother calling if they are going to reject you, so unless you come off as a COMPLETE nut-job then I think you are about to have an agent!!!! CONGRATS!!! Keep us posted!
:hooray:

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
That's so amazing! Let us know what happens!!!

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
Was gonna say, based on Kody's experience, that's probably the call right before she offers you representation! *throws confetti* Just stay calm and cool. You'll do fine. And of course, let us know how it goes.

seeker4

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
So exciting, ElectricViolet! Keep us posted for sure! I think congrats will be in order!

electric violet

Please pass the Sour Punch Straws.
Registered
Reaction score
the land of beautiful sunsets....and not so beauti
Website
www.lovethefreeworld.blogspot.com
I just got off the phone with her......holy crap you guys I GOT A FREAKIN' AGENT!!! Oh man I'm seriously like losing my mind screaming and dancing around and everything. One thing I can say with full confidence is that this would have NEVER happened if it weren't for the people at AW. I honestly can't say it enough how thankful I am for this amazing fucking website.

I was not expecting for her to call so soon after I sent my number... turns out she just checked her email ten mins after I sent it...but what's even more mindblowing to me is that I sent the query on Monday night! (It's the same Thursday now for anyone who reads this in the future.) The full was requested Tuesday morning. I was expecting to be abusing my email every ten seconds for the next two weeks...I can't believe it. I have opened like 60 rejections so I was so so so used to just reading the same thing...and FINALLY came a yes...

I don't even care that I had to fight vomiting through the entire convo (Literally... I'm three months preggo LOL!). That was the most exciting and surreal phone calls ever!

<3 I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeker4

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of project is it (genre, etc)??

steampunk

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with her......holy crap you guys I GOT A FREAKIN' AGENT!!! Oh man I'm seriously like losing my mind screaming and dancing around and everything. One thing I can say with full confidence is that this would have NEVER happened if it weren't for the people at AW. I honestly can't say it enough how thankful I am for this amazing fucking website.

I was not expecting for her to call so soon after I sent my number... turns out she just checked her email ten mins after I sent it...but what's even more mindblowing to me is that I sent the query on Monday night! (It's the same Thursday now for anyone who reads this in the future.) The full was requested Tuesday morning. I was expecting to be abusing my email every ten seconds for the next two weeks...I can't believe it. I have opened like 60 rejections so I was so so so used to just reading the same thing...and FINALLY came a yes...

I don't even care that I had to fight vomiting through the entire convo (Literally... I'm three months preggo LOL!). That was the most exciting and surreal phone calls ever!

<3 I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Electric Violet I am so happy for you! This is so great. And you know what was awesome, the comment about how you have opened like 60 rejections. That just makes it even better.

Congrats hon!

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
WOW EV, that's AWESOME!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Your book sounds great from the query I read. I can't wait to read it when it comes out.

sdegouges

the ducks are watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theravendesk.blogspot.com

<3 I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Oh my god, congratulations!!! Seeing your post literally made my day :D So much, that I felt the need to quote you on my blog, lol. But, oh my god, congratssss!!! I'm so excited for you!!