• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the big R came for me today, but I've been expecting it.
Joanna did say that I could resubmit after some revisions and gave me some helpful comments, as well.

I know I started querying this story too early, and it will probably bite me in the butt later on, so I am going back to the revision stage with some new betas.

Good luck to everyone else who still has partials with her!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! I still haven't heard back from her, which kinda scares me. :(

How long did she have your full?

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, bummer, sorry about the R Tereliz.
I would definitely take her up on her offer to resubmit, if I were you. There's still hope.
Didn't you have other fulls out too? I think those are all good signs that your ms is viable. Maybe this last round of revisions will do the trick.

TereLiz

Necromancer to the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, for the sympathy, RR, Mrs. Green.

It was only out a week, but I know it was a quick read for someone who reads a lot, despite its problems. She requested a full off the 5 pages and a synopsis I sent her.
The other full request was also off a query, so I know I have a good premise, but the execution is not quite there yet.
I really should have waited to query this one, but I just felt so passionate about my characters, I couldn't wait to give them life. But the story just isn't ready yet, especially the beginning.

I will definitely put Joanna at the top of the list once it is finally ready. She made the querying process seem much less daunting for me.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I had an email this morning from her...the big R. Yikes. Sucks but I have two other fulls and a partial still out there. And I just finished another round. Still crossing my fingers...

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, ouch, Rebecca, I'm sorry. Too bad, I know you were really excited about her. I think BW's experience gave us all hope. :)

I'm glad other agents have your ms, hopefully that means one of them will click with it.

Good luck!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I had an email this morning from her...the big R. Yikes. Sucks but I have two other fulls and a partial still out there. And I just finished another round. Still crossing my fingers...

Sorry about the R. But what one agent doesn't want another will. You have two with fulls, that's something to be proud of so lots of luck and prayers that you will have a favorable response from one or both of those!:)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I'm still crossing my fingers for the both of you!! :D

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
Well, the big R came for me today, but I've been expecting it.
Joanna did say that I could resubmit after some revisions and gave me some helpful comments, as well.

I know I started querying this story too early, and it will probably bite me in the butt later on, so I am going back to the revision stage with some new betas.

Good luck to everyone else who still has partials with her!

Cheer up! When an agent says they would like another look after revisions, that is very good news. It usually means they see potential, and are willing to take time to help you reach it.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Peter Steinberg and Jamie Brenner. :)

Sorry about the R Rebecca. That sucks!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Did you email or snail mail Peter Steinberg? I;'m thinking of querying him on my Literary Fiction b/c one of the Literary Fiction books he sold has some similar elements.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
It's ok Juneluv! That just means she wasn't the right agent for me! :)

I emailed Peter in one of my first batches. I heard from him a week after I queried and he requested the full (not partial). Tomorrow will be exactly eight weeks that he's had it. I'm hoping I hear from him soon!

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Submitting to Ms. Coffey!

Ms. Coffey requested the full MS based on my query ltr... It goes out tomorrow - the waiting begins!!! I'm already nervous...

eveningstar

circus girl without a safety net
Registered
Reaction score
Nice interview with Joanna here.

Someone should write her The Catcher in the Rye meets Stand By Me already, cause I want to read it.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
I just received a letter this morning requesting a full at my convenience. Still on an exclusive, so if that doesn't go over then I will send my full out to Nancy Coffey.
Exciting!

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, RoseColoredSkies!

Congrats and best of luck, Epiphany!

EveningStar: Are you in Salem??

Last edited:

eveningstar

circus girl without a safety net
Registered
Reaction score
EveningStar: Are you in Salem??

I am indeed, strangely wonderful city that it is. I've only lived here a couple years but I like it quite a bit.

Good luck with your full request! I'm planning on querying Joanna soon, once my manuscript is polished to a slightly brighter shine.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I am indeed, strangely wonderful city that it is. I've only lived here a couple years but I like it quite a bit.

Good luck with your full request! I'm planning on querying Joanna soon, once my manuscript is polished to a slightly brighter shine.

I love Salem. I made the trip for Samhain/Halloween a few years ago (we stayed in Marblehead). Have you been to the Strega restaurant?

Thank you! I try not to get overly excited but I've got my fingers crossed... Everyone seems to think very highly of Joanna - good luck polishing that MS (endless task). :)