• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
I have a synopsis, one-page double-spaced. I'm much happier with that than with my query. Maybe Joanna will ask for it when she requests my full...(here's to being wildly optimistic). :)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited for all of you!! And BW, I'm so happy that you get to send out to editors soon!! That's FANTASTIC! :D

I really don't know how some of you whittle your synopsis down to one page! I had trouble going from three pages to two! :Hail:

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I"m with you, Rebecca! I had trouble going from 2 1/2 to 2, thus it wound up being 2 1/4. Single Spaced. That thing gave me such a headache!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I'm excited for all of you!! And BW, I'm so happy that you get to send out to editors soon!! That's FANTASTIC! :D

I really don't know how some of you whittle your synopsis down to one page! I had trouble going from three pages to two! :Hail:

LOL, trust me, it wasn't easy and I'm sure some agents looked at it and was like, HUH? and others probably didn't bother to look at it at all, but maybe one or two thought it was good. That's really all you can hope for. I would post it in the SYW forum but I really don't feel like having it ripped to shreds. LOL. If any of you want to see it, let me know and I can post it on my LJ page.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
We can trade! LOL

I basically edited mine and then pulled most of the sentences together to form larger paragraphs (so I wouldn't have to get rid of them). hahaha Does that count as cheating?

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's totally not cheating, just like making my margins 1" all around and puting my contact info in a header so it would use as little space as possible isn't cheating. LOL. I'll post my synopsis later on my LJ page since live journal is blocked here at work. I'll let you know when it's up for viewing.

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
It's totally not cheating, just like making my margins 1" all around and puting my contact info in a header so it would use as little space as possible isn't cheating. LOL. I'll post my synopsis later on my LJ page since live journal is blocked here at work. I'll let you know when it's up for viewing.

I did these things too! :)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I wish that day would come...just so I can have a good excuse to either hit up Chili's or Olive Garden. LMAO

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
OMG, Olive Garden! "drools" I wish, but I'm a poor seventeen-year-old soon-to-be-graduate, and I have zilch on the money. So I might have to re-celebrate at Olive Garden when I get some graduation money.
There's nothing wrong with celebration!

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I think that's why my mom wants me to receive representation...so she has an excuse to go to Olive Garden (that's where she REALLY wants to go). bahahaha

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Now that's how you celebrate! When you're #1 in the NY Times Bestseller's List don't start eating your pizza with a knife and fork and a cloth napin in your lap...we'll know! LOL. Have fun and have some pepperoni pan for me!

TereLiz

Necromancer to the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the big R came for me today, but I've been expecting it.
Joanna did say that I could resubmit after some revisions and gave me some helpful comments, as well.

I know I started querying this story too early, and it will probably bite me in the butt later on, so I am going back to the revision stage with some new betas.

Good luck to everyone else who still has partials with her!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, the big R came for me today, but I've been expecting it.
Joanna did say that I could resubmit after some revisions and gave me some helpful comments, as well.

I know I started querying this story too early, and it will probably bite me in the butt later on, so I am going back to the revision stage with some new betas.

Good luck to everyone else who still has partials with her!
Sorry about the R. Take some comfort in the offer to resubmit, she didn't even so much as mention that to me-lol.