• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Also, she sent an email saying she'd received the full, which was very considerate. No guessing if it actually got to her.

Chachant

There's a dog under my foot
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever received a double auto confirmation? I queried Suzie Townsend yesterday and received an confirmation email that it was received. I just received another confirmation email today.

Xirana

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I should throw in my contribution as well. I queried Suzie on Feb 4th and received an immediate auto-confirmation. No double emails, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that, email servers can do that sometimes.

On Feb 6th she sent a polite email indicating she was passing on the project. A shame, but I admit to being impressed with the quick response.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Hey everyone! I'm new to AW, and I just wanted to try and get in on the conversation if that's okay :)

So my experience with this agency:
-I queried Ms. Townsend on February 11th, 2012.
-Unfortunately she passed on February 16th, but that's okay; I was just happy that I got a quick response (especially considering the website says they'll only respond if interested). :)

lilain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abigailschmidt.com
Hey Everyone! I'm so excited to say that I'm represented by Suzie Townsend.

I'm super excited, relieved, and grateful.

Good luck to you all!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com

Good luck to you all!

Congrats Lilain!!!!! :hooray:
I'm so happy for you! Suzie Townsend sounds like an amazing agent to have!

Best of luck in the future :)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score

Good luck to you all!
Congrats! Suzie would be a fantastic agent to have!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Just got a full request from Suzie, and I have to admit... before sending it I was nervous, because I'm always like that before sending fulls to anyone. Suzie not only confirmed that she had received it, she said she was very excited about reading it. She just came across as a warm and positive person, and that put a lot of my nerves at rest.

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a full request from Suzie, and I have to admit... before sending it I was nervous, because I'm always like that before sending fulls to anyone. Suzie not only confirmed that she had received it, she said she was very excited about reading it. She just came across as a warm and positive person, and that put a lot of my nerves at rest.
That's awesome! Fingers crossed it works out!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score

BRAVO!

Good luck!

I am patiently waiting for Ms.Stampfel-Volpe to start back accepting queries. She's one of the few agents I've found who wants horror.

inspiredbymusic

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the autoresponse is working? I emailed a query this morning and haven't yet received an auto-reply. I thought that happened pretty much instantly.
Also, congratulations to lilain, and good luck to Queen of Swords! How exciting!

lilain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abigailschmidt.com
Does anyone know if the autoresponse is working? I emailed a query this morning and haven't yet received an auto-reply. I thought that happened pretty much instantly.
Also, congratulations to lilain, and good luck to Queen of Swords! How exciting!

Thanks so much!

As for your query, give it a couple of days and if you don't get an auto-response, try again, but maybe note in your query why you are resending. They'll understand.

And good luck!

inspiredbymusic

Registered
Reaction score
So it's been a couple of days and I still hadn't received an auto-response. I was just about to re-submit my query when I saw that I had just received a form rejection. :( At least it was fast!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Squeeeeee! I just started querying a new manuscript yesterday and got a full request from Suzie today! (With a "sounds fabulous!") I'm so excited. It's middle grade adventure.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Hi Lindsey. Suzie generally requests fulls, not partials, and when she requested mine on 4/2, she said to give her 60 days. I had a request from her on a previous manuscript, and it took her almost exactly as long as she said it would be up front.

Queries, though, she's very fast. Usually w/in 24 hours.

notyourchambermaid

Not a fish
Registered
Reaction score
Also, just a heads-up, "sounds fabulous!" is her default when asking for fulls... not that I don't think she means it (you kinda have to be super-excited about the sound of something to request a full), but just don't read too much into it. Good luck!

A Girl In A Dress

... wrote you a story.
Registered
Reaction score
JoyMC - thanks so much. I thought she was pretty quick on query turnarounds too, judging from what the others here have said... guess I missed even the R from her though. oh well - onto others :).

ThunderBoots

Back with new name, no dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Silly, I know, but ...

First of all, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lilain for landing such a great agent!

Now, I was just wondering if I'm going crazy, because I decided to query this agency just ... in order to get an auto response ... as waiting for SOMEONE to get back to me with regard to my earlier submissions ... has been driving me crazy.

Guess I just answered my own question, eh what? I am crazy.

[I did, by the way, research the agency after reading about it here -- so I'm not absolutely crazy, just mostly crazy.]

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
First of all, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lilain for landing such a great agent!

Now, I was just wondering if I'm going crazy, because I decided to query this agency just ... in order to get an auto response ... as waiting for SOMEONE to get back to me with regard to my earlier submissions ... has been driving me crazy.

Guess I just answered my own question, eh what? I am crazy.

[I did, by the way, research the agency after reading about it here -- so I'm not absolutely crazy, just mostly crazy.]

I know the feeling. This is my second time around the agent search merry-go-round since about three or four years back. While I've noticed a lot more agents like e-mail queries now (good), a lot more seem to have the "no response means no" policy (not so good).

I don't think this agency falls into that category, though. I've had good experiences with them in the past.