• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent mines in too. I wonder how swamped her email's going to be in the next hour? I'm saying about 50 or so, any guesses?

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
I sent off a query. Great opportunity. I bet she'll get hundreds.

kap

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
I'm thinking hundreds too. I don't envy her her weekend.

I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to get this kind of feedback from an agent. QLH is fabulous too but an agent is the gold standard...even if she is only one opinion.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
My query had been rejected already but they allowed requeries. I sent in my revamped query with 10 minutes left on the clock.

This will be a great opportunity to see what works and what didn't, since Caren's pitch contest was based on 100 words. She liked the concept but didn't know how it would work. A full query might make it clearer.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
She's rejected the query I sent for the contest before, but it's my least successful (relatively) of the last three books I've queried and I'd love to have an agent give me their reason why. That said, I'm wondering if I should have sent in one of my older queries because those got sooo little response and because she hasn't seen them.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Just an update for all watching the contest timeline- query sent at 12:07 yesterday (for the query contest) response received this morning 10:30. Very quick, short, polite R. Got some feedback and while it was a small amount- I find it extremely helpful! Good luck to all else that queried yesterday!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone had heard back yet.

I have a feeling most queries were sent between 12:05 and 12:10, based on posts here and on other sites.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
I agree Sage, I think most people sent in around the same time. I've only seen a few that said they were making mods before they sent it off. Fingers crossed for both of you and everyone else that is still waiting! I assumed she wouldn't start answering until Monday. I guess there's no rest for the wicked on Sundays. (R's being the "wicked" not Ms. JSV)! :)

Shayk1951

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

I'm new. I queried Nancy Coffey almost three weeks ago. I haven't heard anything yet. It will probably be a couple more weeks before I do. I've been frantically rewriting my novel, trying to do some last minute editing.

Good Luck, everyone.
Sharolyn AKA Shay

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
hi shay! welcome to AW! joanna is usually really good about responding to queries in a timely manner, but i suspect she'll be a bit backed up with these contest entries. do you have others out as well?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The contest entries shouldn't back her up too much. She promises to be done tomorrow.

I don't know how, since I've only heard of one person getting a response out of a whole bunch of people.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Joanna's a busy girl! She's now judging the Guide to Literary Agents' new Dear Lucky Agent Contest for Urban Fantasy and Paranormal romace (adult & teens). Here's more info if you're interested: http://tinyurl.com/yj78dvu

Last edited:

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Joanna's a busy girl! She's now judging the Guide to Literary Agents' new Dear Lucky Agent Contest for Urban Fantasy and Paranormal romace (adult & teens). Here's more info if you're interested: http://tinyurl.com/yj78dvu

That's neat, but basically to be eligible one HAS to have a blog, right? Or is there a way out for the few of us who still don't have one?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I received my contest response from JSV this morning at 8:30. It was really good feedback, and some of it had me going, "Oh, I never thought of that," and some if had me disagreeing with the general assessment (although not with the fact that it was why she rejected, obviously)

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like they're starting to come in :) I don't have mine yet, but mine was submitted 15 min. into the contest, not the first few minutes.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm also still waiting. Sent at 12:15.

Glad I'm not the only one still gnawing on their nails waiting.

lnmorton

Perpetual Lurker
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a very nice response to my entry sent around 12:30. She'd already rejected it, so no joy there, but it was great to get some feedback on the query itself.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
This is a little weird. I just got a response from Joanna asking for me to send in 20 pages for her to see. Even though I'm jumping up and down, I can't help but wonder cause I queried her on Friday before I knew about the contest, got rejected, sent the same query in for the contest on Saturday hoping to get pointers, and now am being requested for pages.

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if I should go buy the lottery :)

cuteshoes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shana-silver.com
Congrats, Jennifer. That's great!

I got a request for 50 pages and some helpful feedback (which I'd already fixed. I only had a half hour to write a query for the contest since I found out about it late. I quickly drafted one I knew needed some extra love. After I sent it off, I revised it and made it pretty, which ultimately fixed the issue that Joanna had with it. Not a problem since the query did its job anyway!). She LOVED the concept! Yay!

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to you too cuteshoes!

Wow, a partial request for a query written in a half an hour...do you mind if I bow down to you now? lol

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Got my response. A very nice R because she already has something similar on her list.

At least I know the query is decent, though I think I may need to retool to bring out how my novel isn't like everything else out there.