• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Grosvenor Literary Agency (Deborah Grosvenor)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
http://gliterary.com/

Her webpage infers she has edited thrillers (I consider The Hunt for Red October, et al to be in that category, FWIW), but it's vague as to whether she agented the others mentioned. I suggest a polite inquiry as to what she considers "thriller" and what of same she's sold recently. Best of luck!

fuzzysteamroller

I had a little bit of back and forth with her on my contemporary lit manuscript, so I assume she's actively reading and her feedback was both kind and spot on.

trwithe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomwither.blogspot.com
Querying Experience

Let me add a little to the body of knowledge about Ms. Gosvenor.

I queried her via e-mail through her agency,
[FONT=&quot]KNEERIM and WILLIAMS @ Fish and Richardson, 1425 K Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005 on the 3rd of May.

She sent me a short note on the 4th, asking for the first three chapters and I e-mailed them on the 4th of May.

I'm still waiting for any follow-up from her as of early June.

Good luck to all those prospective writers.

Tom

[/FONT]

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From her March 18th 2011 Twitter:

After 3 wonderful years at Kneerim & Williams, missed running my own business and re-opened and expanded Grosvenor Literary Agency, Jan 2011

Her website at http://grosvenorlit.com/ is under construction, but both the website and AgentQuery indicates she is open to submissions. Paste first three pages into an email.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with Ms. Grosvenor? I am preparing to query her today. I will post back when I hear something. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Bryan

LillyPu

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Thanks for this reminder on Deborah Grosvenor. She's a regular at the New Orleans Words and Music Fest and I think she's served as judge in the Wisdom-Faulkner Competitions in the past. I've never queried her, but I think I might query another agent in Deb's agency, Berta Treitl, who Publishers Marketplace says "worked at a respected NY literary agency on a range of fiction and nonfiction projects before joining Grosvenor Literary in early 2011. She is selectively and aggressively building her list, and works closely with authors to shape book concepts and provide editorial and marketing assistance."