The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Grosvenor Literary Agency (Deborah Grosvenor)

The Grosvenor Literary Agency (Deborah Grosvenor)

Last edited by I_Shrugged; 02-28-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://gliterary.com/

Her webpage infers she has edited thrillers (I consider The Hunt for Red October, et al to be in that category, FWIW), but it's vague as to whether she agented the others mentioned. I suggest a polite inquiry as to what she considers "thriller" and what of same she's sold recently. Best of luck!
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    A representative list of sales is here. More are here. A nice variety of books and publishers, and there are some NYT bestsellers.

- Victoria

fuzzysteamroller
    I had a little bit of back and forth with her on my contemporary lit manuscript, so I assume she's actively reading and her feedback was both kind and spot on.

Absolutely Fazed
    Just an FYI, because I thought it would be useful for anyone looking to query her. I just asked, and she prefers snail mail queries.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Querying Experience

Let me add a little to the body of knowledge about Ms. Gosvenor.

I queried her via e-mail through her agency,
    KNEERIM and WILLIAMS @ Fish and Richardson, 1425 K Street, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005 on the 3rd of May.

She sent me a short note on the 4th, asking for the first three chapters and I e-mailed them on the 4th of May.

I'm still waiting for any follow-up from her as of early June.

Good luck to all those prospective writers.

Tom

Tom Wither
    Maryland

Blog:
    http://tomwither.blogspot.com/

Publisher's Marketplace Site:
    http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/trwithe/

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred Chris P's Avatar
    From her March 18th 2011 Twitter:

After 3 wonderful years at Kneerim & Williams, missed running my own business and re-opened and expanded Grosvenor Literary Agency, Jan 2011
    Her website at http://grosvenorlit.com/ is under construction, but both the website and AgentQuery indicates she is open to submissions. Paste first three pages into an email.

I'll let you all know how it goes.
    Join any time! Take the 2017 AW Reading Challenge. Pick 12 books from a list of topics and read/discuss with us throughout the year.

practical experience, FTW pavtbr's Avatar
    Anyone have any recent experience with Ms. Grosvenor? I am preparing to query her today. I will post back when I hear something. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
    Bryan

permaflounced
    Thanks for this reminder on Deborah Grosvenor. She's a regular at the New Orleans Words and Music Fest and I think she's served as judge in the Wisdom-Faulkner Competitions in the past. I've never queried her, but I think I might query another agent in Deb's agency, Berta Treitl, who Publishers Marketplace says "worked at a respected NY literary agency on a range of fiction and nonfiction projects before joining Grosvenor Literary in early 2011. She is selectively and aggressively building her list, and works closely with authors to shape book concepts and provide editorial and marketing assistance."