• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Anthologies, Inc. (Jennifer Ivy)

anthologiesinc

If you're serious about having your poetry published, we at Anthologies Inc. will be happy to include it in one of our anthologies. All poetry submitted is published.

Submission fees are just $5 for your first poem and $2.50 thereafter.

Visit http://waterlily1977.tirpod.com/anthologiesinc for more information.

Regards,

J. Ivy, Editor In Chief, Anthologies Inc.

anthologiesinc

Please type in the web address as the link takes you elsewhere when clicked, for some reason.

Cheers!
J. Ivy

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
hi anthologiesinc,

my first impulse was to delete your post as spam and because it's essentially a pay-to-be-published deal.

on further reflection, i intend to keep this here as an educational tool for poets who might be seduced into such easy "publication".

your site says that anyone who pays the bucks will have their work published (and then can turn around and purchase the anthology at a "reduced" cost).

my question to you is, aside from this being a commercial venture for you (not that there's anything wrong with that...), what positive contribution are you making to the craft of poetry when you'll publish anything sent to you, provided it's accompanied by payment?

i would ask that anyone who participates in this thread remain civil, but i think it would be enlightening to know the thought process behind such an enterprise.

-william

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
It says that all poems submitted are published! In their various anthologies!

You type in your poem, and click the Paypal link to pay, and VOILA, you're published!

Well raise my rent and take off all your clothes! Isn't that fab.

<scratches head>

But I thought the cash is supposed to flow in the other direction...

towards the poet.

I'm so confused.

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Public beware -- thank you, Mr. Haskins. Good idea to make an example here.

Do the math; $5 a pop - say 500 poems sent in a day. Hmmmm, nice profit.

And, like said earlier, any cares about quality? I think not.

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Or at least not away from...

Hey--I know!

I'll alphabetize the anthology! Everyone send your poem to me for $6.00 (for the first poem, just $3.50 for each additional poem), I'll categorize and alphabetize them, and I'll send 'em the whole shebang ready to go.

What should the categories be? Hmm.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
The BULLSH!T flies...
yeah right and I will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge and Peace on Earth for you $25 submission pre-paid to "Teddy's Greatest Poems Ever"

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Me too. Which is why I'm copying this to the Bewares board.

One of the things I just love, in that precious way, is when unscrupulous "agents" and "publishers" (yes, quote marks are intentional here) use the phrase "If you're serious [about your writing]," you'll pay to have it published.

No, darlings. I'm very serious about my writing, which is why I'd never allow it to hang out on the wrong side of town in a vanity poetry anthology.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Don't go with that guy. For .50 a poem I'll put your poem in a book and once I have enough, I'll put the book up for sale. For another .50 I'll run spellcheck on it.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
anthologiesinc said:
Please type in the web address as the link takes you elsewhere when clicked, for some reason.

Cheers!
J. Ivy

You know, we have all of these forums where people can get feedback on query letters and stories and basically learn to be better writers.

Suddenly I feel like starting a forum where inexperienced spammers can get feedback on things like spelling their own URL correctly.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jchines said:
You know, we have all of these forums where people can get feedback on query letters and stories and basically learn to be better writers.

Suddenly I feel like starting a forum where inexperienced spammers can get feedback on things like spelling their own URL correctly.

oooh, would you? Yanno, I've always wanted to break into spamming, but I was never really sure how to get started. :)

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm offering 8:5 that we never hear from anthologiesinc. again.

Regards,
Scott

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Scott wins! ;)

Ms. Ivy has a Lulu account, but there's no sign of wanting to publish others, for $ or otherwise. (Directly, at least: $0.99 will buy how to write, publish, and sell an ebook for free....)