The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Anthologies, Inc. (Jennifer Ivy)

anthologiesinc

Anthologies, Inc. (Jennifer Ivy)

If you're serious about having your poetry published, we at Anthologies Inc. will be happy to include it in one of our anthologies. All poetry submitted is published.

Submission fees are just $5 for your first poem and $2.50 thereafter.

Visit http://waterlily1977.tirpod.com/anthologiesinc for more information.

Regards,

J. Ivy, Editor In Chief, Anthologies Inc.

anthologiesinc
    Please type in the web address as the link takes you elsewhere when clicked, for some reason.

Cheers!
    J. Ivy

hi anthologiesinc,

my first impulse was to delete your post as spam and because it's essentially a pay-to-be-published deal.

on further reflection, i intend to keep this here as an educational tool for poets who might be seduced into such easy "publication".

your site says that anyone who pays the bucks will have their work published (and then can turn around and purchase the anthology at a "reduced" cost).

my question to you is, aside from this being a commercial venture for you (not that there's anything wrong with that...), what positive contribution are you making to the craft of poetry when you'll publish anything sent to you, provided it's accompanied by payment?

i would ask that anyone who participates in this thread remain civil, but i think it would be enlightening to know the thought process behind such an enterprise.

-william

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

PoisonPen.net
    Online Poetry Archive

Crossbows and Handgonnes SuperModerator rtilryarms's Avatar

still crazy after all these years Good Word's Avatar
    It says that all poems submitted are published! In their various anthologies!

You type in your poem, and click the Paypal link to pay, and VOILA, you're published!

Well raise my rent and take off all your clothes! Isn't that fab.

<scratches head>

But I thought the cash is supposed to flow in the other direction...

towards the poet.

I'm so confused.

Public beware -- thank you, Mr. Haskins. Good idea to make an example here.

Do the math; $5 a pop - say 500 poems sent in a day. Hmmmm, nice profit.

And, like said earlier, any cares about quality? I think not.
    Shiraz

If we are honest, faithful, constructive and disciplined in our behavior, we will ultimately reap blessings for the good crops we have sown.

My Name is Sweet Thing trumancoyote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Word

But I thought the cash is supposed to flow in the other direction...

towards the poet.
    Does cash ever flow toward poets?

Heheheh
    "I don't understand," Hans Castorp said. "I don't understand how someone can not be a smoker -- why it's like robbing oneself of the best part of life, so to speak, or at least of an absolutely first-rate pleasure."

The Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann (John E. Woods, Trnsl.)

Or at least not away from...

Hey--I know!

I'll alphabetize the anthology! Everyone send your poem to me for $6.00 (for the first poem, just $3.50 for each additional poem), I'll categorize and alphabetize them, and I'll send 'em the whole shebang ready to go.

What should the categories be? Hmm.

The Other Shoe Will Fall! TeddyG's Avatar
    The BULLSH!T flies...
    yeah right and I will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge and Peace on Earth for you $25 submission pre-paid to "Teddy's Greatest Poems Ever"

play nice, folks.

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

PoisonPen.net
    Online Poetry Archive

I'm nice.

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Me too. Which is why I'm copying this to the Bewares board.

One of the things I just love, in that precious way, is when unscrupulous "agents" and "publishers" (yes, quote marks are intentional here) use the phrase "If you're serious [about your writing]," you'll pay to have it published.

No, darlings. I'm very serious about my writing, which is why I'd never allow it to hang out on the wrong side of town in a vanity poetry anthology.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX mdin's Avatar
    Don't go with that guy. For .50 a poem I'll put your poem in a book and once I have enough, I'll put the book up for sale. For another .50 I'll run spellcheck on it.

My Art

Got the hang of it, here Absolute Sage jchines's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anthologiesinc
    Please type in the web address as the link takes you elsewhere when clicked, for some reason.

Cheers!
    J. Ivy
    You know, we have all of these forums where people can get feedback on query letters and stories and basically learn to be better writers.

Suddenly I feel like starting a forum where inexperienced spammers can get feedback on things like spelling their own URL correctly.
    "A good library is both church and armory..."
    -from LIBRIOMANCER

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jchines
    You know, we have all of these forums where people can get feedback on query letters and stories and basically learn to be better writers.

Suddenly I feel like starting a forum where inexperienced spammers can get feedback on things like spelling their own URL correctly.
    oooh, would you? Yanno, I've always wanted to break into spamming, but I was never really sure how to get started.
    <clickety to see my books

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us at AW Popeyesays's Avatar
    I'm offering 8:5 that we never hear from anthologiesinc. again.

Regards,
    Scott
    Okay, damnit, I blog http://cscottsaylorsbooks.blogspot.com/
    Sword of the Dajjal e-book, Published by BooksForABuck.com May, 2007 ISBN: 978-1-602-052-2 http://www.booksforabuck.com/sfpages...rd_dajjal.html
    Out in print early 2008 from Blu Phi'er
    Jars of Doom out mid 2008 from Blu Phi'er
    http://www.bluphier.com/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Scott wins!

Ms. Ivy has a Lulu account, but there's no sign of wanting to publish others, for $ or otherwise. (Directly, at least: $0.99 will buy how to write, publish, and sell an ebook for free....)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: