The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Pamela D. Scoville Literary Agency

practical experience, FTW

Pamela D. Scoville Literary Agency

I have a friend who is interested in fantasy, and they asked me about Pamela D. Scoville. I don't find the name in the Index here. P&E gives a "$", which is encouraging, but doing a web search was more confusing than enlightening--either Pamela D. Scoville is also in the graphics arts business (and co-authored at least one book on the topic), or there are two Pamela D. Scovilles in New Jersey, both associated with fantasy and SF.

In any case, does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, this agent/agency, other than the bit I laid out above?

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Pam Scoville read the full manuscript of my fantasy novel earlier this year and we came close to doing business. Took her a long time to get to it, but that can happen.
    She is involved in the comics industry and is married to John Grant, a fairly well-known writer of dark fantasy and SF. Hasn't been an agent long but is completely legit.

practical experience, FTW
    Muchas gracias, Waylander. I guess that explains the graphics-arts links, too.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Yup, same person. Ms. Scoville is co-founder and director of the Animation Arts Guild, Ltd.

She had a couple sales in 2006, including one of her husband's books. Nothing posted for 2007, yet.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Anyone with recent involvement here? Anyone have any clue how to contact Pamela? I can't find her contact info or guidelines ANYWHERE.

There's some contact info at the very bottom of this page: http://www.booktrade.info/index.php/showarticle/22466
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Fantastic! Thanks CP!

requiescat in pace Requiescat In Pace
    Bumping this thread.

Leukman, were you able to contact her?
    It is with the deepest sadness that I must tell all of you that my wife, Irene Schaft, passed away on Monday, 9 August 2010 from a massive stroke.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to Parker Paws, http://www.parkerpaws.org/donate.html a local animal shelter.

Irene's system will only be up infrequently for the next few weeks, and her mail will not be checked regularly. Any messages of condolence can be sent to her husband George at schaft@schaft.com

Irene's blog: [URL]http://sybilsimon.com/[/URL]

Not finding any activity after '14. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------