Book Proposal Preparation Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTubbs

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a writer, organization, entity that provides book proposal preparation services? Obviously, I know there are ghostwriters that do manuscripts. I don't want to go that route, but I would be interested in hiring someone to help me expand an outline / synopsis into an attractive book proposal - esp with respect to research into competitive titles, etc.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Brian, these are all things you can be doing for yourself. Come on, now, don't waste your money on "services." But if you insist, you can reach me at 1-800-AT&T. I'll take your money just as quickly as the next guy, and then you'll wonder where it all went...

Joanna_S

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannasandsmark.com
Gotta agree with the King. Go on Amazon and start doing some searches. Find books that have similar themes and voila -- you've got your competitive titles.

Book proposals aren't that big of a deal. The hardest part is the sample chapter, i.e. the actual writing. The other stuff is just communication and research -- both things you have to be able to do if you want to be a writer.

It sounds like you have a lot of fear built up about the process. My advice would be to do a 'sample' proposal. Don't put any emotional tender into it. Think of it as something that doesn't have to be sent out. A practice run.

Once you've done that, you'll understand the process. And if you did a good job, you'll have a proposal to send out (if you want to. Remember, it doesn't have to go anywhere to be valuable to you). Do this to overcome your fears so that you'll get comfortable with the proposal process.

I think a bunch of those fears you have will melt away once you've dipped your big toe in the pool, so to speak. Don't let your fears silence your voice. Let it out; let it play. You'd be surprised what can result.

-- Joanna

Status
Not open for further replies.