• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publicist] Danie Cortese Entertainment

Ron239

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this agency? They have not broached "fees," but it is my understanding via research on the 'Net elsewhere that they are a fee-charging agency. ?????

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Yes, they are a fee charger. They want a "publicity and management fee" of $53.50 per month, a $53.50 "float" to cover postage, and a one-time "consulting fee" of $107.00.

- Victoria

Ron239

Registered
Reaction score
Are they a legit player?

Do they have bona fide industry contacts and are they successful at
selling and representing writers/talent?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Ron239 said:
Do they have bona fide industry contacts and are they successful at
selling and representing writers/talent?
Do they need to sell anything, with the fees they're charging?

I can't speak to their talent representation, but as far as I can discover they've never sold a book.

- Victoria

Ron239

Registered
Reaction score
Sure enuf, they put the bite on

Sure enough, they tried to put the bite on me. Needless to say I declined.
I wish they had been up front about this, and ditto with respect to their website, which doesn't mention fees of any kind.

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
Danie Cortese

Any information on her and her agency/management firm/publicity firm?

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't walk away from this one--Run! Fast as you can!. Anyone who can sit on their can and collect fifty bucks a month from you has no incentive to do anything else.

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
Ron239 said:
Sure enough, they tried to put the bite on me. Needless to say I declined.
I wish they had been up front about this, and ditto with respect to their website, which doesn't mention fees of any kind.

Thanks a lot to you and Victoria.

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
Soccer Mom, I agree but I wanted confirmation before I respond to her. I remember reading that agents collect only AFTER the script is sold and that's only 10%.

Soloset, thanks a lot for these links.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FilmNoir3k,

Welcome to the boards! Just a gentle reminder to make sure you do a search for whatever you're looking for before starting a thread. The mods have been after us for a while to make sure thread proliferation is at a minimum.

I hope you find your time is worthwhile here at AW.

Would one of the mods please combine this thread with the other one? Thanks.

~Nancy

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
Red flags?

They're all over the site, from the typos to the "we'll take on any genre" mentality.

The big ones, of course, are the fees and the apparent lack of sales to publishing houses.

You can also find forum-spam for this company pretty easily with a google search. Not appetizing at all.

For the curious, I used the fairly distinctive titles of two of the company's forum posts in my google searches, from here and here.

Danie Cortese

Registered
Reaction score
Danie Cortese Entertainment & Publicity Inc. is a 'publicity' firm. We are not an agency. Our primary business is publicity work for musicians. We have worked with many screenwriters/filmmakers in the past who have sought out my firm to promote their films to film festivals or their novels to the press. Fees are standard with any publicity work in this business. If have questions or concerns you should go directly to the 'home' source. You can view our credits here: http://www.daniecorteseent.com/credits3.html

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
In her FAQ section she states this.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]DCE has been recognized as the leading "Trend Setter" in the business and is studied in music programs & universities all over North America.

Who recognised them and what universities? If this is true, then why not shout the who's and what's from the tallest building? Or at least put them on your website? Any one can claim to be anything they like, but I want to be able to double check facts.

A lot of smoke, imo.

~brianm~
[/FONT]

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your "press release". Still don't see how that in any way qualifies you as a publicist for anyone in the literary field.

And "Cambridge Who's Who" is nothing but a pay to play social networking site. It isn't affiliated with Cambridge University.