AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Fifi Oscard Agency

practical experience, FTW Provrb1810meggy's Avatar

Fifi Oscard Agency

Does anyone have info on Fifi Oscard Agency? I found a link on a website that had a list of children's and YA agents. Here is their site, http://www.fifioscard.com/ I found it weird that they hardly provided any info on the genres they represent. Here's the Publishers Marketplace page for the agency, http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...rs/fifioscard/ Preditors and Editors reccomends them, so I suppose they're legitimate. I'd just like to know other's opinions and if you know about any sales they've had in the YA genre.

(not his real name)
    However, although Fifi has passed, the agency bearing her name still lives on. Their web site lists seven individual literary agents working at the agency.

You (meggy) might research the individual agents to find more information. (And by the way, the agency is completely legit.)

In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasis of Austin.

Anything new?

Anyone have anything new to say about this agency? Clearly legit (very very) but wondering if anyone has had personal experiences with any of the agents?
    Thanks,
    Mark

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I queried them on Aug. 6 via their online submission form and have not received a reply. The auto-response from the receipt of the submission said if I had not heard from them in two weeks, to contact them again. But their Web site's home page says they can't respond to every query.

I'm wondering if anyone here has queried one of their agents by their direct email instead.

Thanks.

Steph

anyone have any experience with these guys?
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 12-27-2016 at 04:20 AM. Reason: code weirdness

Carolyn French at Fifi Oscard just signed me. They are wonderful: supportive, attentive, and really smart about the lit biz. She's selling my novel, If There's a Heaven Above. So far, Knopf, HarperCollins, W. Morrow, Kensington, & Little Brown have asked to read it. Fingers and toes crossed!
    Last edited by AD1968; 06-23-2010 at 06:34 PM.

practical experience, FTW LadyLex's Avatar

FiFi Oscard

Hi! Any new information on this agency? I went to submit my novel, but the date field on the submission form doesn't go past 2010. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?
    Last edited by LadyLex; 02-22-2011 at 09:16 PM.

I'm interested, too. I don't want to waste my chances on their online submission form without researching their agents first. Is anyone besides Carmen La Via taking fantasy right now, at Oscard?

Filigree

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLex View Post
    Hi! Any new information on this agency? I went to submit my novel, but the date field on the submission form doesn't go past 2010. Does anyone have any experience with this agency?
    Try sending to the individual agents. That's how I got signed by them. Carolyn French is my agent. She is awesome. She's an ex-Stanford University Shakespeare professor. They are for real in spite of their terribly out of date website.

Expert Procrastinator AlterEgox5's Avatar
    I went ahead and just used the form. I figure they're smart enough to know that it's obviously not 2010 anymore. Guess I'll see what happens.

practical experience, FTW
    Hi, any news on this agency? I saw on line that Carolyn French may have retired, is that true?

Is the whole agency shutting down? The web site looks as if it hasn't been updated for years. Thanks.

Sockpuppet
    FWIW, I tried to e-mail the individual agents through their individual e-mails and got unable to deliver bounce backs.

I sent the query to this address: agency@fifioscard.com and it went through after I got an e-mail to verify I was a human being and not a bot.

Hope this helps. I will update if I get a response.

practical experience, FTW
    Thanks, DPRichard. I also submitted, and will let you know.

Author-Curmudgeon
    I submitted to Carolyn French / Fifi Oscard Agency.

They mailed me back my own query letter in my SASE.

?!??

WTF, they can't bother with a standard-issue rejection slip?

AHunter3, you could try this link. It's the agency's submissions form. Perhaps Fifi Oscard Agency, as many have done, has evolved away from snail mail subs, and into the electronic age.

Or, perhaps that was the path of least resistance in sending you an "R."

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Most likely because Ms. French passed away Nov '13.

In any case, there's no sign of activity since, and given that other listings mark the agency as closed, I'll do likewise.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: