The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Submission service] Equery Direct

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Submission service] Equery Direct

Hello everyone, I was wondering, is Equery Direct a worthy investment. It sounds really good. And I am considering using them. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Thank you in advance for any info.

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    I'd be cautious of these direct marketing sites. Several of them are nothing more than spam generators. I don't know about this one SPECIFICALLY, but you might take a look at this link from the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers "Writer Beware" about such services. (Drop down about the middle of the page for "Query & Submission Services." There's one listing for a company called "Equery Online" which might be a previous incarnation of the service you reference here.

Anyone else have any information about this one?
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.equerydirect.com/

Screenplay spammer. The Script Writing forum discusses such services regularly; check there for more.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW JanDarby's Avatar
    Sounds like a spam generator to me, too. Generally, this sort of scattershot approach isn't doing anyone any good. It clutters up the inboxes of the agents and costs the writer money that could be better spent on researching the right agent for a project.

I thought Miss Snark had addressed this basic issue, except for a site sending queries to fiction agents, rather than screenwriting agents, but I couldn't find it. The closest I came was an entry dealing with a site that would generate a "standard" query letter, which is a different issue, although it probably reflects an agent's reaction to this kind of scattershot approach to sending out queries without tailoring them to the recipient's preferences.

JD

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Thank you

Thank you all, for the information.....I appreciate it!