first rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftUnsaid

Registered
Reaction score
This morning I received my first rejection letter from some poems I had submitted! Is it strange to be this excited about it? I feel like I'm bursting with enthusiasm. It was a very encouraging letter and did not seem generated to be passed along to all rejectees, but then again, what do I know as this is my first. This has surely made me anxious to finish writing this damn book so I can begin to get rejections for that too! But in the meantime, I think I'll be submitting more poetry elsewhere.
How odd that a rejection letter has set off what I know will be a great day!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, it's not too unusual for ones First rejection letter to spark some feelings of accomplishment. As they say, you can publish, if you don't submit ! So the fact that you're getting rejections means you're submitting, and that means you're on the road to publication.

And that's a Good Thing :D

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on taking the big step of submitting, and on your first rejection. Unfortunately, it may not be your last. But don't let that stop you. Keep submitting! :)

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! And you're right, it is a positive step to submit and rejections are a part of that.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I give you a lot of credit for being so happy. The first is always the best, even if it's a rejection and it is encouraging, so that's super! Much good luck to you and everyone!:) and :welcome: to the cooler.

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
My first rejection slips used to make me feel that I was part of a club, or had gone through a rite of passage. I was one of "them" now- a Writer!

Even though I don't find rejections as glamorous as I used to, receiving one makes me feel like I'm still in the club- I like that.

Heartsease

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! It takes a lot to make that first leap. Your attitude about the rejection tells me that you will keep at it and that is a GOOD thing

LA

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
Great attitude, LeftUnsaid. Something all of us can benefit from.

Keep going, and let us know it it goes. Good luck! :)

Sury

LeftUnsaid

Registered
Reaction score
"A rite of passage." Those are the words I've been searching for all day. It feels like that more than anything.
And thank you all for your nice words!

Status
Not open for further replies.