Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Nashville Music Productions

Babbles

Nashville Music Productions

Hi, has anyone had any experience with these producers? I recently found an advertisement about poetry lyrics needed for a song CD and I entered four online. This weekend I received a letter saying how great my poetry was and enclosed were two pieces of paper,one was a contract for the rights to my lyrics and the other was a song writers contract to put music to my lyrics for an arranger's fee of $399.00 for the studio time and everything needed for this project.Has anyone done this before with this company?Does anyone have any information on this company?I am hesitant to sign and send any money incase this is not a legitimate offer.Thank you for any information anyone may have on this topic. I am really pressed for time because I have a 20 day deadline to make a decision.Thanks to you all and I am happy to be a new member.Have a great day Babbles

Hi Babbles! Welcome to AW!

I don't have any experience with them, but there is a thread on the forum that mentions Nashville Music Productions that you should read.
    Here it is:
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ad.php?t=27939

Battle Cat! SuperModerator alleycat's Avatar
    Be careful, Babbles.

I live in Nashville. There are a few sharks around. They've being doing that "become a songwriter" thing for years.

ac

Moderator In Name Only AW Moderator Roger J Carlson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbles
    the other was a song writers contract to put music to my lyrics for an arranger's fee of $399.00 for the studio time and everything needed for this project.
    I don't know if it's legitimate or not. However, the questions you have to ask yourself are:

1) If your poetry is good enough that it will make money for them, why do you have to pay up front? Couldn't expenses be withheld from your royalties?

2) If you pay the $399, what incentive do they have to actually produce songs from your lyrics?
    --Roger J. Carlson

Battle Cat! SuperModerator alleycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson
    2) If you pay the $399, what incentive do they have to actually produce songs from your lyrics?
    This is just one of many companies in Nashville that will make a demo for you for a price (I looked it up, NMP is actually Kirk Comiskey's Studio). They couldn't care less about the poetry or whether it's a good song or not. You pay them the money, they cut a demo using a few studio musicians and a basic melody and then send you back a cassette (if you wanted additional copies, that's extra). It's not exactly a scam (since you do get what they promised), it's more in the nature of a vanity press.

For $400 you can get this done all over town at any time.

ac

So is this the music equivalent of that "poetry anthology" deal where everyone's a winner, you just have to buy the book?
    #

Nothing’s inherently wrong with telling; nothing’s inherently wrong with showing. . . .
    When Picasso paints a canvas using only blue, you can still tell that he knows what he’s doing with color. When I paint a canvas using only blue, you will be quite certain from the result that it’s because I have no clue what to do with red or yellow—and you won’t be too sure I’ve got a grip on blue, either. Learn all the colors; then choose whichever seems right at the moment. Master the whole craft. ~ Keith Snyder

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: