The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Linden Bay Romance

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Publisher] Linden Bay Romance

I have sent my manuscript to Linden Bay. Has anyone heard of it? Is it any good? What e-pubs are the best? I'm also pursuing traditional, but right now e-pub is fine for me, as long as they also have POD books for free. I write romance, both regular and erotica. Thanks for any help.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Their website: http://lindenbayromance.com/

Noticed this on their submissions page:

1 August 2006 - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
    Due to the overwhelming volume we've experienced in recent months, Linden Bay Romance will not be accepting any further submissions at this time. Look for an announcement about our reopening later this autumn.

As I haven't dealt with them, I'm hoping someone else will be able to help you with that.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still closed to submissions. Founder is also owner of http://allromanceebooks.com/index.html
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos
    I do know Miss Snark thought they were legit.
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

figuring it all out
    I know some of the people involved and was, in fact, published in their first charity holiday anthology. I haven't submitted since then because their main focus is erotic romance and that's not the area I'm writing in.

I will note that All Romance eBooks was founded by two of the three founders of Linden Bay -- the third founder, Maria Mopeth, is no longer with the company.

lorijames

Linden Bay Romance Submissions

Although LBR is currently still closed to general submissions, we are reviewing submissions from agents, current LBR authors, and submissions referred by current LBR authors.

Lori James
    COO
    Linden Bay Romance, LLC

Sockpuppet
    Thanks for the heads up!

Writer Beware's Faithful Igor Richard White's Avatar
    The question still remains:

"Why send a manuscript, query, partial, etc. to someone and THEN ask questions regarding their legitimacy? Shouldn't those questions be asked BEFORE you submit something or sign a contract?"

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Dreamer's Avatar

Linden Bay Romance?

Has anyone had dealings with Linden Bay Romance??

Linden Bay is open for submissions as of today: http://www.lindenbayromance.com/submissions.html
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Via: http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2008...n-bay-romance/

Linden Bay Romance has been acquired by Samhain Publishing. Allromanceebooks.com is reported to be not part of the deal.
    ICAO
    ---------