Recently a Canadian publisher (new start up venture) read one of my Jan Phillips series and wants to take all three on.
My questions are there these.
That's all I can think of now but others may have a different slant on this.
- What if any are the pitfalls of having a book published in a foreign country? I know Canada doesn't seem like a foreign country but it is.
- Are new small presses to be avoided? The company has only two authors as of now. The first book is scheduled to come out in mid-August.
- Is it appropriate for me to ask to see the marketing plan for my books (gay niche) before signing a contract?
- If I do ask to see a MP prior to signing and it's declined what then? I should say I have no reason to suspect this but the thought crossed my mind.
- Should I accept the publishers offer of registering each book with the Library of Congress. I've registered books with the LOC before so it's no big deal.
Also this may not be the proper forum for these questions. I put it here because I need specific knowledge and want to avoid an opinion poll that might erupt in other less focused forums.
Thanks for your time and consideration.