• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lancer Books

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Lancer Books was a publisher back in the seventies that published a lot of stuff that was risque for the times, but it was successful in sales for about a decade. Lots of movie and TV series tie-ins from both directions (book to movie, movie to book)

I know they are out of business, but did they jsut fold, were they bought up by a current publisher, what happened to them?

I am looking for paper publishers who might be interested in picking up the series of stories that are e-published at eXtasy Books. They are paranormal adventure-mystery stuff with lots of 'risque' stuff.

If anyone knows any other publishers who would be interested in paper only rights for the material, I'd welcome that, too.

Regards,

Scott

Deleted member 42

Lancer imploded; if you google them, I'm sure you'll find a complete description of them. It's sort of a legend in the sf community. Doesn't Extasy have a paragraph on print rights? Something like they have them for two years?

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
Lancer imploded; if you google them, I'm sure you'll find a complete description of them. It's sort of a legend in the sf community. Doesn't Extasy have a paragraph on print rights? Something like they have them for two years?

Nope, they're good about it. They don't print right now, so they don't reserve the rights at all.

By the time I finish the current novella and add to it the two stories already complete it's be almost 60,000 words. If I redo the whole thing for print undera single cover, It could go to novel length pretty easy.

I asked about Lancer 'cause they did the old Ted Mark series. This stuff I've done seems to be in that ball park, though the novella takes a darker tone. I could not find anything but book dealers hawking used books from that line.

I knew they were gone, I just did not know the reason or if they still went on as something else entirely. I dug out a company in Brooklyn named Soft Skull Press which has been around for years and seems to have a good rep and selection of books in print. They seem to handle lots of out in left field titles.

Regards,
Scott