• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andrea Brown Literary Agency

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Usually the best policy in that situation is assume its a rejection. If you end up getting a response a few days/weeks from now you'll simply be pleasantly surprised.

Nutellanut

Registered
Reaction score
The waiting is exciting and frustrating at the same time. The general idea that I get from reading this thread is that it's a fairly fast response time with certain agents such as Laura R, Jen L, etc. I've read that the few people on here who queried Jennifer Rofe....didn't hear back from her. And that's disheartening.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Jen Rofe definitely gets backed up. She took a year to request a full from me once.

Archie1989

Is Published!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!!! That doesn't surprise me at all, it's such a good MS =]

Jude

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Laura Rennert query time

Hi there--

Newbie here. I've been lurking and figure now it's time to add my Andrea Brown Agency experience--

Queried LR 7-28
Request for full 8-3
Declined 10-9

I got an auto-responses message both times, and a very friendly and upbeat (but I'm pretty sure a form) rejection.

Sad, but since it was my first query, I'm taking it as hopeful that I got a ms request.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Almost the same stats for me, Jude.

E-queried Laura: 7/27
Request for full: 8/3
ER: 10/9

Warm, lengthy, personalized form letter. I'd try her again with something else if I'm still looking for representation down the road.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I hope I don't get a form rejection on my full, I hope for at least a bit of feedback. I didn't realize they were so common, but I hear about them a lot these days.

QuiberonQ

Registered
Reaction score
A question for anyone who has queried recently - I followed the directions on the Andrea Brown Lit. web site, but I did not receive an automated confirmation of my query. Should I just assume it got there or re-submit? (I'm fairly new to the query process, thanks!)

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
missesdash, I hear you. I keep hoping for helpful feedback, or a request to revise and resubmit. I keep getting compliments and kindness, which is great, but what do I do with it? It leaves me with nowhere to go with my book except to more and more agents.

I've had several very warm and kind rejections to fulls, and a few short form rejections that were similar to rejections on queries. Nothing to bite into. Same with partials.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
A question for anyone who has queried recently - I followed the directions on the Andrea Brown Lit. web site, but I did not receive an automated confirmation of my query. Should I just assume it got there or re-submit? (I'm fairly new to the query process, thanks!)

I never received an auto-confirm, but the reply to my query came eight days later, so obviously it went through.

I don't know if all of the agents (or any) have an auto-confirm

QuiberonQ

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you missesdash - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me!

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay I'm fairly sure Mary's going to send me an R. She said on her blog that she reads faster when she's interested. My MS is super short so she would have finished it by now. She's probably just waiting on her readers.

Also, if anyone didn't see, she's going on a two week trip at the end of October, not sure what that'll mean for queries, but it's worth noting.

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Mary lately? I sent her a query a little over three weeks ago, and I know that isn't long, but I saw she sent a rejection to someone who sent their query two weeks after mine. Since she normally responds quickly to those she's interested in, I'm pretty sure it's a rejection, but now I'm wondering if she even received it at all. She doesn't have an auto-response, does she?

Last edited:

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Mary lately? I sent her a query a little over three weeks ago, and I know that isn't long, but I saw she sent a rejection to someone who sent their query two weeks after mine. Since she normally responds quickly to those she's interested in, I'm pretty sure it's a rejection, but now I'm wondering if she even received it at all. She doesn't have an auto-response, does she?

Lately she's been responding to queries in less than a week, so it could have fallen through the cracks. it's too early to nudge, though.

She's also had my full longer than usual. She might be a little behind.

jmsavagewater

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's been around a month since the last posting...but has anyone here happened to have queried/worked with Jamie Weiss Chilton? I was wondering how long she normally took to reply to email queries - if she responds to them, that is. I've worked with Kelly Sonnack in the past, and I recall it taking around 3 months before she responded to my initial query - and at that point, I'd closed off any expectation to hear back from her (going by their 6-8 week response time). So it was a pleasant surprise. However, I recently queried Ms. Chilton, and was curious if there was anyone else who had queried her, worked with her, etc...

VZW

Registered
Reaction score
Recently queried Ms. Weiss Chilton and received a response that she's going on maternity leave and suggested I query another agent. Just as a heads up. And congrats out to Ms. Weiss Chilton!

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Mary Kole lately? I'm waiting to hear back on a query I sent in September. I didn't think she was a no means no agent.

jmsavagewater

Registered
Reaction score
VZW - if it's alright that I ask, how long did it take to recieve the response after you sent out the initial query? I know they have the 'auto-response' message that's sent out to ensure that the email was recieved. Just curious! I wasn't aware that Ms. Weiss Chilton was expecting, or about to go on maternity leave.

VZW

Registered
Reaction score
I got it from Ms. Weiss Chilton almost immediately after querying a PB, took the advice and queried another agent I'd had my eye on. Hope this helps! I didn't get an auto-reply from the other agent at Andrea Brown that I queried though, so... hmmm... wondering now if it was received or went into spam! This was on 11/17- impeccable timing right before the Thanksgiving holiday week. ;)

margs11

Registered
Reaction score
no auto reply from mary kole?

I recently submitted a query to Mary Kole but gotten no autoreply confirming receipt. I've seen this topic addressed previously on this thread, but am wondering if anyone knows whether the AB agency is having recent issues with this. Thanks!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I recently submitted a query to Mary Kole but gotten no autoreply confirming receipt. I've seen this topic addressed previously on this thread, but am wondering if anyone knows whether the AB agency is having recent issues with this. Thanks!

Margs11, I queried Ms. Kole on November 14, never received the auto-reply, and am still waiting to hear back. However, several people on QueryTracker reported that they didn't receive the auto-reply but got a rejection from her last week, so I'm thinking the auto-reply is down again (and has been for at least several weeks).

Good luck with your query!

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com

I sent an EQ back on 10/20 and didn't receive an auto-response either.

The same thing happened with the project I queried last spring, but she did receive that query, so hopefully we'll all be hearing something SOON :)

margs11

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies, folks. I too will just hope/assume it went thru since my email didn't kick it back to me. I'm new to all this so definitely don't get all the ins and outs of the process, but it strikes me as a bit comical that they insist on strict adherence to the submission guidelines, including use of the word query in the subject line to generate the autoresponse, but then the autoresponse doesn't actually sound like it has worked consistently for some time now. Then again, these are lit people, not techies! Best of luck with your projects too.

VZW

Registered
Reaction score
PB Query 11/17
Form e-ject 12/1

Boo. But, Hope springs eternal. :)