• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Reagent Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
I thought "Reagent" was what you did when you were dissatisfied with your current literary representation...

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
victoriastrauss said:
I've never run across Regeant (is that the right spelling?), but I wouldn't describe Medallion as a commercial publisher.

- Victoria

I'm sorry, can you clarify this with respect to Medallion? In what sense are they not a commercial publisher?

Their books aren't printed POD, they pay their authors royalties, they turn down manuscripts right and left, they have full-time design people on staff, they have books on the shelf at Borders...

I'm a little confused as to the criteria for "commercial."

Last edited:

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
With the exception of one book, all titles from Reagent are written by the publisher.

Regards,
Scott

Asha Leu

Registered
Reaction score
[Distribution Service] Indie Plus / Reagent Press

Indie Plus is a service that apparently provides, in its own words, "Worldwide Distribution for Indie Authors, Small Publishers & Agents". It also happens to be part of Reagent Press, the one-man publishing company run by the, er, controversial self-published author Robert Stanek.

http://www.reagentpress.com/distribute.htm

http://readindies.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/indie-plus-premiere-distribution.html

RP Books & Audio is seeking multibook authors, small publishers and agent/author groups to distribute to retailers and libraries worldwide. Our new service, called Indie Plus, is on schedule to launch Winter 2014 and is currently accepting new applicants. The more applicants we get the sooner we'll be able to launch, so be sure to tell your author friends about Indie Plus!

I don't know a whole lot about book distribution, so I really have no idea if what's on offer here is supposed to be a good deal or not, but since Robert Stanek has a reputation for being a bit liberal with the truth, I would recommend taking everything on that website with an enormous grain of salt.

Among other amazing things, Indie Plus claims that:

The other thing you need to know about Indie Plus is that there is no other indie distribution service like us in the world. We've taken the best of every indie distribution opportunity available and made it available at no cost to you.

Unlike other services, we also use actual human beings to check the converted and optimized documents and this feature also is FREE

Our international distribution is the largest of its kind dedicated to indies and includes retail and library distribution in the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Spain, Sweden, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, and beyond.

Do We Require Contracts?

Yes. Indie Plus requires a minimum 2-year commitment, with automatic renewal unless you cancel within 90 days before or after the renewal period. This is necessary because many of the retailers and libraries to which Indie Plus delivers print, ebooks, and audio are only available to established publishers and/or expect stability in their product offerings. Established publishers don’t make constant changes to their data and this is what these retailers and libraries expect.

Do We Work on Commission?

Yes. Indie Plus earns a 20% commission on the net proceeds. With a 70% royalty rate, this means Indie Plus gets 14% (20% of 70% = 14%). With a 35% royalty rate, this means Indie Plus gets 7% (20% of 35% = 7%).

Currently, no other indie distributor has our reach. Indie Plus distributes to over retailers and libraries worldwide. We work with major traditional retailers including CreateSpace, Barnes & Noble / Nook Press, Apple iBooks / iTunes, Kobo Books, Oyster, Scribd, Google Play, and many, many more. We work with major retailer and library aggregators including Baker & Taylor, OverDrive, 3M, BookWire, TXTR, Gardners, and many others. We also work with national retailers and library organizations in many countries.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
You've got to hand it to Robert Stanek - never in self-publishing history has one man gone to such amazing lengths to pass himself off as a best-selling mainstream author. I see he's now trying to use the popularity of George RR Martin's Game of Thrones to flog his own Keeper Martin series.

Status
Not open for further replies.