How'd You Find This Site?

gswillis04

Gonna finish it. Really. Tomorrow.
Registered
Reaction score
Found this place..

...when I was in the library yesterday poking through a book called Booklife. Went to the website, saw a link for here, scoped it out and since I thought it a pretty cool place I joined up.

Caroline T.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:
I'm new. I found this site while looking for the address of Theron Raines, literary agent. I met him when he had an office on Park Ave. in NYC. I understand he moved to New England, but is still active as an agent.

CatherineHall

Writer and Visual Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theelephantinthetemple.blogspot.com
I typed a writing question into google and an answer from an AW thread was first in the search list. I'm so glad it was. I started poking around the site and realized it looked like the kind of online community that I would love...just registered today:)

CatherineHall

Writer and Visual Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theelephantinthetemple.blogspot.com
What's it like?

I'd occasionally hear horror stories from people about how mean those "AW" people can be when they critique your work.

Locke,

I'm curious...now that you've joined, would you characterize the critiques as "mean" or constructive? I'm new...

LarryLee

Registered
Reaction score
I landed here by browsing the web for writing forums. I'm glad to have found this site. After lurking for a couple of days, I decided to join in on the fun.

I haven't been writing too long, but am now hooked on writing short stories. I recently took a few creative fiction writing courses online to get the juices flowing. Nothing published yet, but will let you know when I do.

I try to write at least 500 words a day. Some days I feel lazy and others, I think I'm too busy. Once I sit and get started, I wonder why I ever hesitated. Either way, the daily 500 word commitment must be accomplished.

Larry

Feena

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a member mention it on another site and I decided I needed to lurk less on Twitter and more on a site that could help my writing.

Although Twitter is useful for helping me to cut out unnecessary words ;)

Monkeyarcher

Registered
Reaction score
How I Found The Site

well, I was chatting with Gini Koch and she mandated that I come here. (She nags because she cares.)

Nightingale

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while searching an agent, loved the "Beware.." thread, and have been here ever since. It has been extremely helpful and everyone has been so nice. Love it!!!

@MrsSaraSweeney

Content Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Funny story actually, I was recently hired by Imagined Interprises Inc., a fantasy & science fiction publishing house, to be their new social media coordinator. As I was doing research I found a thread in the AW forum questioning whether Imagined was a "real" publishing house - haha. They better be, since I work for 'em! lol

Anyway, I am also a blogger and a wanna-be editor, so I need to be spending some time on forums like this. Glad I found it. I also love helping authors and am open to any questions anyone might have about how to set up their social media.

Cheers!

Ludovica

Registered
Reaction score
I recently started in Facebook and there I joined goodreads. Somehow, some posting of theirs lead me here.

CJacobo

Writer of Words, Words, Words
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calebjacobo.com
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

I found AbsoluteWrite by searching the web for the best forums for serious writers and AbsoluteWrite's name came up again and again.

I also saw the link in Writer's Digest's list like you sc211.

OC-138

Registered
Reaction score
Google mostly. It came highly recommended through a few sources.

forshmonster

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through a Google search. I had been looking for a writing community so I could get criticism on some of my work. I lurked for a few months before joining!

VictoriaL

Registered
Reaction score
longtime lurker who lurkily lurks around the romance and YA boards. decided to finally join ... i haven't participated in online message boards since i was in high school. feeling rusty.

exhale

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be active on litkicks in high school. I remember one of my litkicks budies emailing me about moving here. Also heard about AWS on the reddit writing subforum.

Ohm22

Registered
Reaction score
Found this website while looking for the word count of the maze runner to get a rough estimate for my wip. Turns out someone else had the same idea. The discussion on word count was both interesting and informative so I decided to join.

MillyP

Registered
Reaction score
Erm, thought it would help me as a newbie to writing and understanding the profession, actually feel like I don't really want to post a comment anymore, will continue reading the advice and opinions, but for fear of putting my foot in it (which I have done twice now in less than 24 hours) I think I will keep my comments to myself.

AHunter3

Author-Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.genderkitten.com
Hello!

Someone on another message board mentioned she'd just gotten her book published. I congratulated her and then asked if she had any advice insofar as I was getting within shouting distance of the end of my massive memoir project and knew nothing about literary agents, editors, publishers, and so forth. And in her reply she suggested this board!

MaraValderran

Insert something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I found it by researching the literary agents I was querying. After a few times of being directed to links in the Bewares forum, I decided to take a good look around.

Justin Bossert

Registered
Reaction score
It's been so long that I'm not sure. I'm sure I googled it at some point. I'm just glad I did. It's been invaluable.