How'd You Find This Site?

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Found this site from a link on the QueryShark blog.

TheGrayLady

hide and seek
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled a few agents and this site came up.
Also, Kody Keplinger blogged about how she used this site while writing the DUFF. She praised AW so highly I had to come check it out.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I googled word count, as I remember (I'm old), and this was one of the links I opened. I lurked for a few weeks liking what I saw and joined.

KAM_writer

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through the same way you did! (Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites...although in the 2012 edition.)

Smile Steady

Registered
Reaction score
After enough Google results featuring AW threads answering about a million different questions I had...

Reformed lurker here.

Midnight Sol

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, y'all!

I was refered to this website by the author of Obsidianbookshelf.com, Val Kovalin

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
:Shrug:I can't remember anymore....I've been reading it forever. But I'm guessing it must have been some sort of Google search...

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Early this year I was doing research on a writers' conference/workshop - one for which I'd already been accepted and paid. I wish I'd found the lengthy AW thread on that particular conference before I paid; as it is, what I read here forewarned me about the negatives and let me focus instead on culling the good from the experience (and there was some good - not my money's worth of good, but good nonetheless).

I bookmarked this site for later reference and have only just gotten around to joining. So belatedly: thank you to the folks who've been posting at AW through the years. There's a lot of great information and some good people here.

Last edited:

JRDickson

Registered
Reaction score
A random surfing of the interweb during a period of obsessive social networking (writing gets lonely sometimes!)

Magic

Registered
Reaction score
Google search for: Message Board about Blogging
Someone had blogged about this place and said their forum about blogging was pretty good.
Waiting till I have thread creating power to ask my questions ;)

Kogo Shuko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
I googled writing message boards, because I'm awfully lonely with only two writing friends - one being 8 hours away, and the other being all the way across the pond. :(

Rhymes with Clue

Trying to be mysterious
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there--

It kept coming up as I was doing research on editors, agents & publishers for a column I wrote in a writer's magazine (on marketing). The information seemed really good. I am avoiding writing so I needed a new online message-board, that's why I signed up.

Writing is a lonely job, and without message boards I would have to clean my house or something while avoiding writing.

This is a great site.

huskytimbertoes

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I found this site through a friend. She uses the advice from all the lovely writers here in order to refine her novel, and I thought, hey, why not jump in and join the bright minds discussing novels and writing of all sorts. :)

Can't wait to get more involved here!

M_K_S

Registered
Reaction score
I was surfing the net, in search of a peer review site. I took a flash fiction course years ago, and the fella who ran the course recommended an on-line peer review site(still can't recall the site). After 5-6 keyword searches, AW came up. Glad I found it.

Iggy58

Newly addicted to AW
Registered
Reaction score
Google search

I was looking for a site I could share things I've written with better writers than myself in the hopes someone would give me constructive criticism and/or edits. Looked on Google and found a few recommendations for the site.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Google search for: Message Board about Blogging
Someone had blogged about this place and said their forum about blogging was pretty good.
Waiting till I have thread creating power to ask my questions ;)

You have thread-creating power everywhere except Share Your Work -- so you can totally go and ask your blogging questions. :)

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone!

rnpudel

Registered
Reaction score
I had seen this site mentioned in a few places, but didn't want to bog myself down with being a member of too many writing sites, rather than actually writing. But, after posting my first two paragraphs for review on a good sized forum, and after 72 views with still no feedback, I vented my irritation to a fellow writer. She told me about this site and so I signed up!

Locke

Lost the instruction manual
Registered
Reaction score
I get around. Writing sites.

No, seriously, I've been a part of a few different places. I'd occasionally hear horror stories from people about how mean those "AW" people can be when they critique your work. Well, after sitting in those forums, listening to people cry incessantly about publishing vs e-publishing, and seeing critiques done with kid gloves which are afraid to actually point out what's wrong with something, I decided to give this a whirl. Besides, if I wanted a critique delivered via a comfy chair, I'd get all of my critiques from my mother.

Also, Colleen Lindsay told me to. In a dream... er... blog post.